twenty six

"you're back!" seonmi came running to sunwoo the second sunwoo entered, the door rattling slightly and making a creaking noise to alert her of his presence.

as wonderful as chanhee's plan had seemed, sunwoo forgot that he had others to take care of, his own sense of responsibility bursting his short-lived excitement.

sunwoo gave seonmi a pat on the head as he walked past her to put his jacket down. "are you okay? you don't look okay," seonmi said.

"i'm alright don't worry about me-"

"why're you lying?" seonmi asked, frowning at sunwoo and crossing her arms. "you shouldn't lie to a young impressionable youth because i could pick up that habit from you, you know?"

sunwoo chuckled, looking at how seonmi was trying her best to act as though she were older than her age.

sometimes, sunwoo envied seonmi.

since she was too young to really remember their father, she wasn't as affected by him abandoning them for someone else and instead learnt to rely on sunwoo for things that their father should have given them support for. unlike sunwoo, she had an effortlessly bright personality, always able to make those around her smile just by her mere presence, an attribute that seonmi shared with their mother. and to sunwoo's dismay, he had managed to share more personality traits with their father more than their mother.

what he envied the most though was despite the fact that they had almost nothing to their name, seonmi didn't need to grow up faster than her actual age. after school, she could enjoy her time with her friends and when she got home to their small house and small family, she had a consistently loving atmosphere to return to.

"seonmi, i know i usually spend saturdays with you but can i go out-"

"yes!"

"you didn't even let me finish-"

"of course you can go out! why are you asking for permission from your little sister?" sunwoo stared at his sister who was genuinely so excited by the idea of sunwoo spending time to himself. "who are you going with? hyunjun? chanhee?"

"chanhee. i was thinking of leaving you with hyunjun so at least you have some supervision but i don't know-"

seonmi gasped, nodding her head. "i'd love that! of course if he doesn't mind and also, is this a date with chanhee?" seonmi wriggled her eyebrows suggestively, sunwoo's ears turning a bright red at his sister's statement and immediately shaking his head to which seonmi smirked at. "well, have fun on your date!" seonmi said, running to the toilet before sunwoo could even say anything.

✧˖*°࿐

the only braincell
online

twitch streamer 😎
hi
i know this is a really sudden
favour and that its saturday
tomorrow so you probably
have plans but do you mind
spending the day with seonmi
you can say you mind

the only braincell
OOOO YES
spending a day with little sunwoo
so what are you gonna be doing
tomorrow then ;)

twitch streamer 😎
uh
going out

the only braincell
with chanhee? ;)

twitch streamer 😎
yes...?

the only braincell
;)))
OKAY tell me when youre
coming to drop her off

twitch streamer 😎
um actually
can you pick her up

the only braincell
youre letting me see where
you live?