The Bad Batch

Cody walks in.

Cody: Come on, Rex. Time to move out.

Rex: Fives, Echo, and before that, Hevy. There's so many troopers gone.

Cody: (nods, looking down) Yeah, regular folk don't understand. Sometimes in war, it's hard to be the one that survives.

Rex: That's what I'm worried about.

Cody: Well, what do you mean?

Rex: I didn't tell the Generals. They might think I'm crazy. In fact, you might think I'm crazy.

Cody: What is it?

Rex: .... I think Echo's alive.

Cody: That's not possible. He died at the Citadel.

Rex: The way the droids are countering us here, the strategies I'm using, they're all old battle plans Echo and I drew up together.

Cody: Look, Rex, I hear what you're saying. But it's just not possible.

Rex: I hope you're right. But the fact is, Echo's fingerprints are all over these Separatist strategies.

Cody: Rex. You have to admit what you're saying is a long shot at best, and most likely, misplaced hope. I need you to be focused on this.

Rex: I-I know. I know. Don't worry. So what squad are we taking in?

Cody: (looks back) Clone Force 99.

Rex and Cody walk out of the bunks and meet up with Kix and Jesse.

Jesse: I've heard mixed things about these guys.

Kix: They have a 100% success rate.

Jesse: It's not that they win, it's how they win that worries me.

A ship zooms down to the platform, blowing supplies everywhere and making the landing crew run or back away.

Rex: So why haven't I heard of this squad?

Cody: Experimental unit Clone Force 99, they're defective clones with, uh... desirable mutations.

Rex: 99, eh? Nice touch.

Cody: They call themselves, "The Bad Batch."

The ramp lowers and five Clones in black, red, and white armor all descend the steps.