"Does that mean-?"

"I did it." Monty replied simply. "It's still functional."

"You're a genius." She said in a breathy laugh, out of disbelief but also pride that he achieved it.

"Not a smartass?" He asked with a smirk, and both of them missed the glance that Finn and Clarke shared.

"A person can be two things, Monty Green."

She followed him over towards the wall of the Dropship, where he was staring at the mainframe. Finn and Clarke were talking behind them, but both Avery and Monty had blocked out their voices.

"You think you can do it?" She questioned, her head resting against the cool metal wall of the Dropship.

He paused in his inspection to shoot her an unimpressed look. She already knew what he was going to say, but she let him say it anyway.

"Have you met me?"

Avery turned to the mainframe herself then; eyeing up the circuit boards, and wires and other components that made up the inside of a panel in the wall. It was too complicated for her to understand, but for Monty, it would be easy enough.

"My mother thinking I'm dead is only temporary." Avery overheard Clarke assure Finn, who seemed convinced she only sacrificed her wristband in an attempt to make her mom suffer - which Avery admired.

Avery, over the last few days, had caught on to the fact Clarke wasn't a huge fan of her mom recently. She hadn't questioned why, even though she wanted to, but she was sure Clarke had good reason for it.

"Not if I can't patch it through the Dropship mainframe." Monty called out warningly, but Avery knew it wasn't likely that he couldn't do it.

Monty was one of the smartest people she knew. And yeah, she didn't know that many people, but she still knew he was much smarter than the average person.

He had turned around to gauge the reactions of the others with him. While Avery didn't look concerned - she was fully aware of Monty's abilities - both Finn and Clarke looked nervous.

"I can do it." He reassured them with a curt nod that had Avery grinning. "We'll be talking to the Ark by nightfall."

Avery spent the first part of her day inside the Dropship with Monty, avoiding the work outside. Bellamy and Murphy - who Avery was now constantly teasing about being in love with Bellamy - were ordering people to help build up a wall around camp, meaning there was a lot of tension and bad tempers swirling around the camp grounds.

As much as the girl agreed that everyone should do their part, she didn't want to spend her time hauling logs around or getting between some idiots' fight, so instead she busied herself in removing components from a circuit board that Monty had deemed unnecessary in contacting the Ark. In her defence, she did help Monty sometimes. It just wasn't all of the time, or even most of the time.

Monty had launched into a story from the Ark, involving his and Jasper's antics of course, and Avery found it so unbelievable that she needed to find the other boy to confirm it. She could hear Monty's irritated and playful yell behind her as she left the Dropship, dodging any sightings of Murphy or Bellamy to ensure she wouldn't get ambushed about helping them build some stupid wall.

Jasper didn't seem to be hanging around the camp as expected. He wasn't in his tent. He wasn't in her tent either. There weren't many other places to be, other than outside the camp walls, which Avery knew Jasper wasn't particularly ready to venture out into just yet.

She trailed around to a tent too small to be used for anyone to sleep in. There were a few like this around; being used to treat injuries, or store food, or complete other tasks. When Avery heard Bellamy's voice drifting from inside, she decided it was a good bet to see if Jasper was there.