"Aw, Harry. That's very sweet of you. I am glad that you ended up proposing the way you did though. It may not have been as stereotypically romantic as an elegant dinner date, but it felt like us. Plus, I'm not sure how I would have liked being proposed to right before my fiancé would be leaving for three weeks to travel the world without me."

"You're right, and I did end up liking my fallback option better," I tell her and lean over the console a smidge more so that I can kiss her temple. It causes a blush to appear on the apples of her cheeks and my heart flutters at my accomplishment.

We get to the restaurant a little early for our reservation, so we walk around the square outside the building for something to do. It's chillier than normal for an LA winter, so I put my jacket around Em's shoulders to keep her warm.

"Thank you," she hugs the opening of the purple jacket tighter around her torso.

"Look over there," Em smiles and directs my gaze to our right side. Two girls stand at the other side of the cross walk, not with their phones out, but just standing there watching Em and I walk down the street. I decide to stop and wait for the light to change to allow pedestrians to cross, and then I lead Em and I over to where the girls are. They seem surprised and giddy when they see us heading over.

"Hello," I wave as we approach them.

"Hi," one girl blushes and gives a tiny wave back.

"Happy birthday," the other says to me, the first girl following afterwards.

"Thank you. What are your names?"

"Naomi," the first girl says.

"I'm Connie," says the second.

"It's wonderful to meet you both Naomi and Connie," I tell the girls and they look at each other with enormous grins on their faces. It makes my day when I meet fans like them, and today has already been perfect thanks to Em.

"Emma, your dress is beautiful," Naomi compliments her and Em opens my jacket a bit as she looks down at her now visible dress.

"Thank you," she says, "it was a gift from Harry."

"Of course," Connie laughs.

"Um," Naomi hesitates while she looks back and forth between her friend and I, "Could we take a picture? If not that's okay, I understand."

"Sure, we can! Thank you for being so polite." The four of us turn to Naomi's phone and pose for a few photos.

"Thank you, so much. I won't post them or anything, this is just a really cool moment," Naomi says.

"Yeah, we love you guys," Connie says next.

"We love you too," I smile at them, "We've got to get going now, we have dinner reservations, but it was so nice to meet you."

Both Em and I take turns hugging the girls and saying goodbye. We walk back to the restaurant in peaceful silence and when we get inside the host leads us to our table where Em hangs my jacket on the back of the chair that she pulled out for me.

"Can I get any drinks started for you two?" the host asks and Em orders two waters and a bottle of some kind of white wine I would have trouble pronouncing.

"So, how has your birthday been so far?" Em asks as she rearranges the silverware in front of her.

"The best one yet," I smile, "I'm really looking forward to cuddling up in that new blanket tonight." Em got me a new wool blanket to replace the one Charlie ruined. First, she spit up on it a couple times, which was mostly my fault if I'm being honest, but a few days ago she made a mess through her nappy on it, so I threw the blanket out. Actually, I had just left the room for a few minutes and when I came back Em had to break the news. It was a really sad day because that was my favorite blanket, but now I know I just can't let Charlie touch it...