002 | 𝒊𝒇 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚

two:
if only
by dove cameron

Jeno grew worried, it was a little to thirty minutes when Chenle left. He pulled off one last smile at the guest before excusing himself, placing the glass of champagne back on one of the butler's tray as he walked away from the ballroom.

He was starting to get anxious, he knew that Chenle just needed fresh air because the amount of the citizens and guests greeting him was overwhelming. Which is why he asked for the chinese male to go and calm himself down first whilst Jeno handles things on his own.

Now that Chenle was not yet around, it grew the prince anxious.

Jeno's gaze fixated outside the window the moment he stood beside it, eyes widening upon seeing Chenle entertaining an old, unfamiliar woman in the palace garden.

"I failed to hear what she said, but what I witnessed is her putting a spell on you and made you unconscious." Jeno explained at they leaned on the headrest of the king-sized bed. Jeno's arm was wrapped around Chenle's shoulder as other hand played with the chinese's fingers, while the younger rested his head on the prince's left chest.

"My love," Jeno asked after a second of silence, Chenle humming in response. "Do you recall what she casted upon you?"

Chenle wondered why does Jeno sound like one of those movie characters from a royal family, but then again you didn't hear him ask why did he wake up in a room decorated like a palace room with a guy dressed in princely clothes that held his hand tightly.

"Beware forswear, take this dagger and kill the heir."

That is what appeared in the chinese's mind. "I- I couldn't quite remember..." Chenle uttered.

Fuck? Chenle thought. He remembered every word perfectly. Yet he didn't get to say it to Jeno?

"That's fine, dear." Jeno smiled, eyes forming crescents as he leaned his head on top of Chenle's.

The two shared a comfortable silence for what seemed like forever. Jeno didn't want this to end as he could finally sit there and hold the love of his life in his arms, securing that Chenle is alive and kicking. Chenle, on the other hand, just enjoyed Jeno's presence -- though his mind kept on thinking as to why he didn't blurt out what the woman casted upon him.

A knock interrupted the two lovers, making them turn both of their heads to the door. "Prince Jeno? Permission to come in, sire."

Jeno recognized him as his personal butler, turning to look at Chenle with a small smile oon his face before pecking the younger's lips. "Stay put, Mr. Kim. What is it that you want?"

"The king and queen asked for thy presence in the ballroom, your highness. Along with your fiance." The butler said from the other side of the room.

"We'll be coming in a few, Mr. Kim. You may go," Jeno responded and heard the butler knock two times as a sign that he will be leaving.

The prince turned around to face Chenle once again, "Are you sure you're fine, my love?"

Chenle didn't hesitate to nod and peck Jeno's lips after, "Let's go meet your majesties."

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───