Chapter 3

A/N: I got a classmate who's willing to edit for me! He's a tiny bit upset that there's less All Might in this chapter, especially since he just got introduced, but there's a good reason for that!

This chapter is mostly just to flesh out y/n's home life and nightly routine. It's another short one, so. Sorry about that.

Y/n is your name, as always.

"No overtime?!"

Peter shrugged, throwing a jacket over his shoulders. The vivid orange matched his eyes, which narrowed in feigned annoyance as he spoke.

"Yeah. We get paid on commission, so even though the shop sells normal, everyday tech stuff, they want to save money or whatever on electricity." Noting the confusion evident on your face, he shrugged. "If you're that pressed about getting All Might's suits done, you could take them home. Shop equipment stays here, though."

He reached down to grab his personal toolkit, wincing as he straightened. You'd teased him about his tall person back problems before, but now didn't seem to be the time.

"Right.. thanks, Peter."

He nodded, waving as the shop door closed behind himself. You took a few minutes to follow out the door, gathering the damaged uniforms. Pausing momentarily to shut off the light, you locked the door behind yourself.

It didn't take you long to get to a train, squeezing between people and offering apologetic glances to those you hit with your tote bag. All Might's clothes were tucked beneath a book or two of your own to avoid suspicion.. not like All Might merch was uncommon anywhere in Japan.

The train ride wasn't anything unusual; people crammed together in the small space, the scent of tobacco and cheap booze lingering on a few people and their coats. You swallowed harshly when a particularly drunk looking man glared your way, but nothing came of the non-interaction.

The ride took longer than expected, judging by the people wandering the streets on your way home. Sure, your job paid you enough to live, but that doesn't always cover peace of mind.

More drunks wandered the alleys on the way to your apartment. You could feel eyes focusing on yourself, and forced your legs to move faster. Dragging your back and shoulders to a more upright position, you could still feel your arms tremble through the confident facade.

A few silhouettes passed your own, all figures cloaked in the unlit streets. You were starting to feel glad that overtime was unavailable.

You finally made it back to your apartment complex, sighing in relief as soon as the door closed. The lobby area was small, sure, but not unwelcoming. Various potted plants were seated around the front door and window, a few books and notes cluttered the front desk. With the whole room bathed in a gentle yellow light, the entryway itself seemed lived in.

But this area wasn't your own. A trip to the mailbox, two flights of stairs, and a run-in with your neighbor's escaped, cuddly cat later, you were able to unlock the door to your living space.

Shrugging the tote bag off your shoulder, you dropped it at your dining room table. You tossed your handful of grocery coupons and unwanted promotions next to the suits, before making yourself a pot of coffee.

It was going to be a long night of repairs. Just so you could ensure your deadline was met.

You finally gave up at five in the morning, having completed one of the seven suits (after having washed, sewn, and color-corrected for almost nine hours total!), and stumbled into your bedroom. The small space was somewhat messy, books and personal projects piled around your floor-seated futon mattress.

Sunlight had begun filtering in through the window, and you had half the mind to ask Peter why he owned, let alone *wore*, hoodies in the middle of summer. It seemed too early for the sky to begin assaulting your senses, you mused, closing your curtains.

You set your alarm clock for eight, hoping for a few hours of sleep. With luck, you could make it to work on time at nine!

Those were the last thoughts that overtook yourself before your head hit the pillow, and you were out for the night.

Sorry it's been a few days, school and training have been taking up most of my time (as per usual).

With the school year coming to a close, I might be able to come up with a more consistent posting schedule. Or we'll have school-based activities again..

If you have any questions, comments or whatever else, I'd love to hear your input!