CH2 - This Is Next Time, Fucker!

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Torr," she responded simply.

Legolas, who sat next to the Ranger, leaned in as the man, called Torr, filled up large tankards. "You seem quite popular around her."

Arryin shrugged. "Well, when you get around, people get to know you." She paused before continuing with a grin. "Besides, out here, people always know who brings in the baddest of the bad!"

The Woodland Prince raised his brows in question, but before he could get a response Torr placed the drinks in-front of them.

"So, Torr. What's going on here? Big price on someone?" Arryin stated while bringing her drink to her lips.

The old man before them frowned. "Ain't that why ye here?"

Arryin shook her head. "Nay, just passing through." The Elven Ranger leaned in and gestured to the drunk, rowdy, rough-looking men that were completely taking over the tavern. "So, pray tell, who they looking for?"

Torr shrugged. "Don't know much. Not a lot info has been spread on this one, but price is pretty high. They lookin for someone named Khaleesi. Couple people now callin him the Butcher of the Balgaid cus he killed the whole lot of em' in the western pass."

Instantly, the Ranger's blood ran cold as panic encased her heart. Time seemed to slow for her, just a bit, and she knew it was the same for Legolas because she could feel him tense beside her.

Torr, however, didn't notice. He continued speaking. "Don't know who he is, but the fellow must've really pissed someone off."

Trying to sound unswayed, Arryin spoke again. "Why's that?"

The old man jutted out his chin. "Ain't just any bounty. They want 'em dead. Kill order."

The Ranger swallowed dryly. However, before she or Legolas could add anything to the conversation, a roar of loud cheering sounded and a group drunkily stumbled against the two elves. A sloshing liquid poured from one of the men's tankards and soaked through the Ranger's clothing, running over her shoulder and down her side.

With a quick gasp, Arryin shot upward and turned to face whoever just drenched her gear.

"Watch where—"

But she never finished her sentence. As the man turned around and his face was revealed, Arryin's demeanor instantly changed. Her jaw clenched and her eyes narrowed with anger.

"Stick..." she hissed aggressively.

The man growled in furry as his drunken self recognized her. "Well, if it isn't Niyrra!"

The Ranger blew hot air through her nose as a defiant expression contorted her face. "Remember when I said that I would kill you the next time I saw you? Yeah, well, this is next time, fucker!"

Surprising Legolas, Arryin took her filled tankard and smashed it against the wooden counter, the liquid pouring out. Then, as quick as the speed of a river, she brought the broken glass forward in a heavy swing. It bashed into the side of Stick's face, leaving some bloody cuts behind.

Torr's short cries to stop faded into the loud rumble of anger that bellowed from Stick's chest.

The burly man then threw a punch at Arryin, but she was quick to duck out of his way. She instantly forced her fist into the fatty flesh of his massive belly. This, however, did not make Stick happy. Instead, he grabbed her by the shoulders and slammed her against the counter.

But Arryin wasn't one to just take it. She yanked her head back and then bashed it forward, effectively headbutting him. She then used this as an opportunity to grab another customer's plate and smash it against Stick's skull—chicken, potatoes, and all.