Mistakes were made

*~~~*

Travis assumed it wasn't his place to go, and stayed home while Sal drove off  to the hospital.

*~~With Sal~~*

Sal had rushed his way to the hospital, as fast as he could, making it up to the second floor and following a nurse up to the room.

The smell of cough syrup and wet bandages filled up the building, making Sal feel even more sick than he already did.

"Right in here, sir", The nurse creaked open the door. Revealing a room with Larry asleep in a hospital bed, with Lisa and Ashley sitting on a cloth sofa propped underneath a window.

"Oh thank God you're here!", Ash stood up, frantically.

"Yeah, is everything okay? What happened", Sal walked over to Larry's looking over his blank face.

"Lisa had called in a panic, saying she was heading to the hospital because Larry was having a hard time breathing and almost passed out", Ash glare dog at Lisa who was staring at the floor, biting her nails.

"Wait why?", Sal tilted his head, going to touch his ceramic mask that should have been plastered on his face, but at that moment he had realized he had forgotten it in the panic.

"Lung cancer", The nurse spoke up with a sigh, walking up to Sal.

"You're kidding?", He turned around to look at her.

"I wish I was", She folded her hands. "We try to warn people about the dangers of nicotine all the time. They just never listen"

"But-", Sal clenching his teeth.

"It's not your fault Sally Face. It was bound to happen", Ash sighed, placing her hand on Larry's forearm.

"We should let him get some rest. Would you guys like to head downstairs to the cafeteria? There's more comfortable lounges down there and food if you're hungry. We have some more tests to do", The nurse nodded.

"Yeah... Maybe we should... Lisa?", Ash turned around.

"Hm?", Lisa looked up, blank expression on her face.

"Oh, I'll stay up here with my baby....", Lisa proceeded to look back at the ground.

"Hmph", Ash grabbed onto Sal's hand, and the two walked over to the door to leave.

"Is she okay?-", Sal turned to look at Ash, as the two walked down the eerily quiet hallways.

"Her son's in the hospital. What do you think?", Ashley rolled her eyes, tightening her grip on Sal's hand.

"I know, I'm sorry. But I don't know why she wouldn't call me first-", Sal huffed.

"She didn't want to worry you"

"Where's dad?"

"At work I think? I'm not sure... C'mon let's get something to eat"

*~~With Travis~~*

Travis sat on the bed him and Sal both shared, his back pressed up against the wall. An almost empty beer bottle in one of his hands. Sighing, he took another swig of it.

He ran his fingers through his hair, small clumps off it falling out into his hand as he did so.

Travis felt sick, almost nauseas. Not from the alcohol, but from stress. He felt gross. If he was lucky all this alcohol would kill him before Sal could get home.

As much as he wanted to leave this world. He knew he couldn't... Could he? Not now. Not with Sal so close to him. Not when he now had friends, that loved and cared about him. Not while Sal was dealing with so much already.

But Travis hurt, and he didn't know how to get rid of this hurting feeling, no matter what he did. The drinking and the smoking piling onto eachother didn't help, maybe just made it worse. But it was one of the only coping mechanism he knew.

Other than....

But he knew if Sal ever cought him, it wouldn't go down well. No matter how tempting the feeling was to Travis, all his old scars had already healed... And new ones would be so hard to hide...

Hiding them was the least of his problems at this point. He had no clue when Sal would be home and needed to get the smell of alcohol and cigarettes out of his clothes and out of Sal's room before he got home to yell at him.

Travis groaned, sitting himself up and walking out of the room.

"You've been drinking, haven't you?", Todd stood in the hallway, arms crossed.

"H~~ How did you know?- W", Travis rubbed his eyes.

"Oh God", Todd shook his head. "I'm going to make you some soup. Take a shower... Ugh, and get that awful cigarette smell off of you"