Is This Real?

*~~~*

"Todd!!", Travis ran down the stairs and into the living room, Todd still sitting there watching tv.

"What? Is there a fire?!", He quickly sat up.

"No no no, I need your help", Travis slowly inches closer.

"Oh... About what", He slouched back.

"So... I'm going on a date with Sal tonight", He muttered, sitting down next to him.

"... You're joking... Right?", Todd glared over at Travis, his eyes wide.

"... Why would I be joking?"

Todd sat back up again, placing his hands in his lap.

"Okay, okay... What are you guys doing?", Todd said, excitingly.

"Um... Going to dinner", Travis bit his lip and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Dress code?"

"Dress... Code?", Travis asked confused.

"This is new to you, isn't it", Todd rubbed his hands together.

"Yeah ....."

"Okay...", Todd sighed before standing up. "Dress code, are you guys going to a fancy restaurant or something casual. Suit fancy, or just button up fancy. Jean casual or sweats, casual", Todd continued to ramble on.

"Um, I don't think there is one?"

"Alright, not much to work with... But I'm going to help you. Come with me", Todd started to walk upstairs, and confused, Travis followed him upstairs and into his room.

The room was simply decorated, but comfortable.

"This is your first date so everything has to be perfect.... I feel super fucking gay doing this", Todd chuckled and then continued, "Is there anything you want to wear? I don't want to put you in something you'd feel uncomfortable in", Todd sat on the edge of his bed, Travis sitting next to him.

"Oh um, Something like... Business casual... Something simple", Travis sighed.

"Alright. I can work with that."

*~~~*

"What do you think?", Todd spoke up as Travis stood infront of the mirror.

  "Hey guys, I'm back!", They could hear Sal from downstairs.

"Okay! We're almost done in here, wait for us down stairs", Todd yelled down.

"Oh, alright!"

"I... Like it", Travis smiled, Adjusting his sweater.

"On more thing", Todd started to rummage through his dresser, and slipped a small plastic packaging into Travis's jean pocket.

"Just in case", Todd chuckled.

"What is it?", Travis started to reach into his pocket before Todd stoped him.

"It's not important yet, c'mon. Sal's waiting for you"

*~~~*

Sal and Travis awkwardly sat at a table across from eachother, dim lighting, and a peace and quiet except from quiet muttering from other tables.

"You look nice today...", Sal tilted his head, his prosthetic face looking scary and odd in the dark.

"Thank you", Travis chuckled.

As much as they both were excited about this, they were also very anxious. They didn't know what to do, what to say.

The two chit chatted a little, had a few drinks and ate their food, a casual date. Nothing too special, and they both had a great time. Until it was time for them to go. By the time they got to the car, the sun was already setting.