A Life Together

*~~~*

Travis and Sal sat on the bed next to eachother in silence before Sal finally spoke up.

"Do you want to talk about it more?..."

"What?"

  "About us?..."

"What's there to talk about?"

"I mean us starting a family together"

"Oh..., What do you want to talk about-"

"I mean, we don't have to if you don't want to, it's just a thought"

"I don't know, our relationship is still iffy..."

"It is?!"

"It's not?!"

"Oh... If that's how you feel about it nevermind"

"I'm sorry"

"No, it's fine"

Suddenly, the downstairs front door slammed closed, and heard loud giggling and talking that they couldn't make out.

"Hm, I wonder what Todd's so happy about", Sal chuckled, rubbing one of the long dark scares on his face.

"SALLLLLL TRAVISSSS ARE YOU GUYS HOME???!!!", Todd yelled, thumping up the stairs.

"Yeah?!"

The bedroom door swung up and Todd walked in, bouncing slightly, his cheeks rosey red.

"What's gotten you so gittery?", Travis chuckled.

In response, Todd said nothing, but held out his left hand, that now had a glimmering jewl on his second to last finger.

"Wait...  You and Neil are getting married???", Sal winced.

"Mhm!!!", Todd kept bouncing awkwardly.

"Well I'm so proud of you guys!", Travis smiled.

And with a squeal, Todd left the room.

"Why did you seem so upset about it?" Travis turned over to look at Sal.

"Oh uh ...... I don't know", Sal looked at the ground.

"Hm... Alright...", Travis muttered.

"Do you wanna go out tonight?"

"Like, go out drinking?"

"Oh .... No.... I was thinking more like dinner"

"I'd love to.... Where would you want to go?"

"Hm, I'm not sure... Let's just drive and see what we can find"

"You're not trying to murder me are you", Travis giggled.

"Haha, yeah. If I wanted to, I would have done it already."

*~~~*

Travis sat at the table of s restaurant, tapping his foot against the ground awkwardly.

"You alright?", Sal asked tilting his head.

"Yeah I'm fine", His boyfriend responded, admiring his scars.

"Hm okay..."

"Hey, I really hate to do this... But can I take a step outside?- I just need some fresh air", Travis scooted himself back.

"Oh, I'll go with you!"

"No it's fine... Stay here, I'll be back in a little bit", Travis stood up and made his way outside, sighing deeply once he was by himself.

He slumped himself down a bit, relaxing any tension from his body.

"Why am I so anxious all of a sudden", Travis muttered to himself, feeling his phone buzz in his back pocket.

He reached for his phone and grabbed onto it.

*🟠Todd 🟠*

🟠: Hey, when do you guys think you'll be home?

✝️ I'm not sure. Hopefully soon. Why?

🟠: Just wondering.

✝️: Is everything alright?

🟠: Yeah. I just wanted to check up on you. Me and Neil are heading over to Ashley's and we might be back late.

✝️: Alright.

🟠: Okay, I'll see you soon.

✝️: Bye.

Travis clicked off his phone and looked through the restaurant window, looking at Sal awkwardly sitting there, head down. He was almost surprised about how Sal rarely wore his mask out anymore. But at least he was now less insicure about it.

Travis walked back into the restaurant, and sat down.

"I'm sorry, I just don't feel very well", Travis sighed.

"No it's alright, do you want to go home?"

"That would be nice...."

*~~~*

The two ordered something small and ate their food quickly to get home as soon as possible.

"I'm going to go take a shower. Do you want to join me?", Sal asked, shutting the front door.

"Nah, I'm just gonna watch TV and chill out here"

"Okay", Sal shrugged, trotting up the stairs and out of sight.

Travis sat down on the couch, taking a deep breath.

*~~~*

While Sal was in the shower, Travis had  dozed off a bit, and was startled awake when Sal came running down the stairs

"... Hmg?.... Is everything okay?~", Travis sat up a little scrubbing the sleepiness from his eyes.

"I-I Larry! Ashley!!!!", Sal seemed to be panicking, and was white antsy.

"What?-"

"Ashley just called me, and told me that she was on her way to the hospital! Cause Lisa had just called her-"

"What? Why?", Sal's distress woke Travis up more, and he eventually stood up.

"Larry's in the hospital...."