Chapter One

The story of Harry Potter, told countlessly by the Wizarding and Muggle worlds. Children grew up hearing of the wizard who defeated the Dark Lord, Voldemort, but what about his twin sister? Heather Potter, the misunderstood twin. This is her story.

*Disclaimer* I do not support JKR or Tom Felton. Although all characters besides Heather belong to her. The world is hers as well and i've only taken inspiration from it for a fanfic.

23 June, 1991

Heather awoke to the sound of Dudley Dursley causing a ruckus on the staircase, no doubt antagonizing Harry. Today was the Dudleys' birthday. Heather pushed open the ,until recently towel closet, door. Ever since her and Harry had gotten too large to both fit in the little cupboard under the stairs, Vernon Dursley had modified the closet into a bedroom for Heather.

She could hear her Aunt Petunia in the kitchen, yelling for them to wake. The house smelled of burnt eggs and sausages, Harry had burned the food once again. Uncle Vernon was sitting at the table, the mornings paper in his hands. Heather quietly took a seat as Harry was told to fetch the mail. Head ducked, studying an envelope, he handed Uncle Vernon most of the mail and then gave Heather one addressed to her.

"Ms. H. Potter.
The closet near the door
4 Privet Drive
Little Whinging
Surrey"

Heather read the address aloud. Petunia and Vernon froze, eyes wide. Suddenly, her uncle snatched the letter from hers and Harry's' hands while her aunt yelled for them to go to their "rooms." Harry, ever so hot-headed, started complaining. Vernons' thick neck started getting red, Heather knew what would come next and instantly grabbed her brothers arm, leading him out before Vernon raised his arm.

"Why do you antagonize them?" She asked, safely out of view.

"It was my letter, he had no business taking it away from me."

"Harry, he would have beat you." Heather had to admit, she was a little curious about who had written to her.

Harry's eyes fell to the floor, embarrassed. He opened his mouth but then Dudley yelled that they were going to the zoo. Piers, Dudleys' friend, Dudley himself, and Mrs. Dursley all piled into the car while Mr. Dursley pulled the twins aside.

"I'm warning you, I'm warning you now - any funny business, anything at all - and you'll be in that closet and cupboard from now until Christmas."

They nodded, Vernon still looked skeptical but allowed them to climb in the car. Heather and Harry had a knack for making things go wrong. It wasn't even their fault, strange things seemed to happen wherever they went. They stopped to get ice cream for Dudley and Piers and reluctantly for Harry and Heather as well, but only because the nice lady asked what they wanted.

Once they'd had lunch, Dudley and Piers wanted to see the reptile exhibits. Snakes and lizards behind the glass surrounded them. Dudley of course was only impressed with the largest snake there. His mood darkened when he realized it was asleep. He called for his father to "make it move." Vernon Dursley hit the glass, in hopes to wake the snake. Dudley got bored after it didn't wake, he and Piers quickly moved on, Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon following.

Harry moved to stand in front of the exhibit. He was staring at the snoozing snake.

"Harry," Heather called, "hurry, we'll get lost otherwise."

Just then, the snake opened its' eyes. Head lifting until it's beady eyes were level with the twins. Harry glanced at Heather, she returned the look only somewhat less excited. They really ought to leave. Suddenly, the snake winked. Harry mirrored the motion. Heather followed the snake's eyes until she found herself looking at her uncle. Tearing her eyes off them Dursley's, Heather looked at the snake slightly bewildered. A voice in her head said:

"I get that all the time."

Heather's eyes widened, she stared at the snake. Harry, seemingly having heard the same voice, responded:

"I know, it must be really annoying."

Heather couldn't believe it, her brother was talking to a snake. She was really worried now, this sounded just like the sort of thing Uncle Vernon scolded them about. Harry was still speaking to it, asking things like where it came from and the snake nodded its' head to a plaque on the wall.

A shockingly loud yell broke the conversation, if you could call it that. Dudley had seen the snake awake and quickly ran over. Shoving Harry aside, he stood in front of the tank, along with Piers, pressing theirselves up against the glass. One second, everything was normal, then, chaos broke out. The glass mysteriously disappeared, almost causing the boys to fall in. The snake slithered out and thanked Harry and Heather.

Piers accused Harry of causing whatever happened to the glass. Uncle Vernon turned his head to where Harry was on the ground, then looked at Heather standing next to him. His face was slowly becoming red. Not a good sign.

The car ride home was tense. Dudley and Piers still shaken up about the snake. Aunt Petunia still fussing over them. Uncle Vernon kept his gaze on the road, knuckles tense where they gripped the wheel. Piers was dropped off. Mr. Dursley turned into the driveway. Ears redder than a tomato. Heather had thought he would yell or strike them but he didn't.

"Go to the cupboard and closet and stay there, no meals." He managed to get out.

Heather lay, wide awake, wondering when they would leave this wretched place. She hated the Dursley's, she hated that her parents had died, she hated that she could do nothing to save her and her brother. She wished for something to someone or come save them.