Chapter Fifteen, Nesting and Missed Birthdays

Börja om från början

Warding the area, again, so it was warm and protected from any and all animals (she would take every precaution to ensure her and her babies survival, despite knowing her mates would protect them in their vulnerable state. Satisfied she crawled into the cosy, warm nesting area and stripped out of her long sleeved pastel green silk pyjamas with matching bottoms adding them to the already fully padded floor with matching high and padded walls. Compared to the first time she had started building her nest with just her mates' jumpers, several thick fluffy towels, thick winter blankets (the one that had been on their bed over Christmas), and the two rugs from the living room.

It now included: four velvet curtains; eight Egyptian cotton towels; a pair of smart trousers from each of her mates in the softest material Mia had ever felt; a pair of silk pyjamas from each of her mates; two soft blankets and finally their winter duvet. Feeling satisfied, Mia started emptying the rucksack of everything she'd need setting it where she could reach but out of reach of any blood or fluids; once the baby blankets were added to the makeshift cradles she'd made with her mates pyjamas and towels, she laid down pulling out her Dragel attributes, made sure everything was still within reach from this position and called out to her mates letting them know she was in her nest as her Dragel fully took over her mind.

***

Two hours after Mia had left the house for her nest, André, Fred, Blaise and Damon startled awake when they heard her cry. Startled, the four men looked around the room as they're Dragel's sensed the house, Fred and Blaise absently touching the cool sheets where Mia had laid between them.
"She's gone into her nest." Damon realised, noticing the bag, which was kept within easy access at all times, was gone. They realised the truth when Mia called again as they hadn't answered the first time around, but time the four rumbled in reply.

She was calling to let them know where she was so they could protect her and bring her food (red meat such as deer etc) when needed but they also knew not to get too close unless they wanted to be gorged as she protected herself and their babies.
"But - it's too early!" Fred fretted anxiously.
"It should be fine." André spoke, trying to reassure the others but his voice had the slightest tremble to it. "But we'll call the Healer Alana Talbot anyway."
"We'll have to let all the family know too and -"
"Relax!" André ordered, interrupting Damon and Blaise's fretting, although he was just as nervous as the rest of them.

But he couldn't afford to show it in times like this as he was Top Dominant. "First things first is call Healer Talbot ask if she's able to come here - even if it's just to soothe our fears and concerns, more than anything, as she won't be allowed within ten feet of the nest - then as I have potions to complete I'll stay here while the rest of you and Dobby alert the family and I'll send Hedwig to my parents who'll alert the others and to Neville and Luna as well. After which, you will all go to work and I'll call if there is any change." André insisted firmly when they looked like they were about to argue before they all let out a sigh.
"You're right." Fred grumbled, both he and his Dragel didn't like the thought of leaving Mia now that she was vulnerable in the nest. He knew she'd protect herself if needed but it would also put her and the babies in danger.

"I have those Multiway Diaries to promote today as the new stock. It'll be a good idea for us all to have one. Then in emergencies, like now, it'll ease the pressure off of Dobby, Winky and Kreacher." Fred suggested.
"That's amazing." Blaise muttered, amazed. "How do they work? And we'll pay for them otherwise you and George will be out of pocket and none of us want that."
"You can connect multiple diaries by tapping your wand against the cover stating the name of whom you want to message." Fred explained.
"Ingenious." Damon muttered, amazed. "Companies would pay a fortune for them here, let alone anywhere else."
"I know it'll make the potion orders I receive easier." André added. "Right, Dobby!" André called.