Chapter 3 ~ Run ins and Sore thumbs

Start from the beginning

“I think I can manage.” I lied. I was already like 30 minutes late because I couldn’t find my way around this infernal place.

“Well first off you are a terrible liar and second I think it would be going against my responsibilities to not help out the new girl find her way around. So either tell me your classroom or hand it over.”

“Fine.” I grumbled looking down at my schedule, “I’m supposed to be in C220 right now.”

He smiled at me in a way I wasn’t sure I liked cause it kind of made my stomach do a little flip, “Well what a coincidence that’s where I’m supposed to be right now.” He gestured for me to follow him and I did.

“And why aren’t you again Leo?”

“Decided to eat breakfast and be late than be starving all day or at least until lunch.”

Then as if my stomach was alive just hearing the word breakfast made it growl and I don’t mean a little growl I mean like hungry as a freaking bear growl. Well that’s attractive. Wait why am I even thinking about being attractive to this boy!? Boyfriend, Boyfriend, Boyfriend! Was what I chanted over and over in my head, “Hungry are we?”

I’m starving! Was what I screamed in my head but what came out was, “Just a little.” In an actually very calm cool and collected voice.

“Want something to eat?” he chuckled quirking his eyebrow at me again.

“How are you gonna get me something to eat I don’t see any breakfast stands anywhere near by.”

“Well I don’t know about breakfast stands but…” he said taking something out of his bag, “I do have a protein bar.” He finished holding out the bar for me to take.

I wasn’t going to take it, it was his, but as if to prove me wrong my stomach growled again. Yeah no way am I making it to lunch, “Umm thank you.” I mumbled taking the bar from him.

“No problem. Can’t let a girl go hungry now can I?”

“No I guess you can’t.” I joked ripping open the wrapper.  

We fell into another lap of silence while I ate the bar and the minute the food hit my stomach I felt a little bit better but not completely better, “Alright well here we are.” Leo said suddenly pulling me out of my sort of eating frenzy, and sure enough a door that the numbers C220 on it was right in front of us.

I sighed in relief that I had finally made it and was about to go through the door when he blocked my way, “So do I get to know your name now or not?”

I pretended to think about it before smiling up at him and saying flat out, “Sorry but I don’t think so.”

“Aww come don’t I get some sort of reward for escorting you all the way to your class? Since you wouldn’t let me walk you home yesterday. And also giving you food?” He complained even though his eyes held a bit of mischief and intrigue in there.

“Well it’s not like you won’t find out when the teacher calls me up to introduce the new girl.” I pointed out.

“True but can’t I get to feel special for knowing before everybody else what the new girls name is? Besides what’s the harm if I’m gonna find out anyway.”

I pondered this and well he did help me out and I guess he was right there really was no harm in it, “Elizabeth Scarlet. There happy now?”

“Very much so.” He smiled triumphantly finally scooting over so I could walk past him and into the classroom.

When we walked into the room everybody’s eyes were on us. Oh crap.

“Glad you could finally join us.” The teacher said walking over to us with a tight smile on her face, “Making the new students late I see Mr. Calin.”