Chapter 3

"It's the student's graduation party, we aren't even the students..." says the well dressed guy while getting down a lavish car along with his friend.

"Exactly my point, we don't know anybody neither they know us. We can have more fun....oh come on Anshu yaar you used to be so much fun..." utters the friend but he becomes shut as soon as he sees Ansh glaring at him. "Hey don't give me that look. You have just come back so its better if we party alone...just the two of us. We partied in almost every club of New York so now lets have fun in New Delhi"

"Yeah whatever..." replies a not very interested Ansh. "By the way are you seriously considering arrange marriage? Like seriously Adi ?"

"Are you crazy? Never...." replies Aditya being offended.

"Then why the hell did you agree to go to this graduation party? And why the hell am i being dragged...."

"I just told you i wanted to party with you...and Dad offered me to come to club so why not. The whole club is booked by Dad for his dear students...we can drink anything, everything is on the house...Just imagine getting drunk on Dad's money."

Ansh glances at Aditya while smirking and says "Yeah like till now you were getting drunk on your own money"

Aditya sighs and responds "Well....still you know what i mean. Forget it anyways i saw the girl today. She has topped the state no doubt Dad wants to set me up with her"

Ansh widens his eyes and scans Aditya from head to toe saying "State topper and YOU, don't worry she will reject you in an instant" and laughs at him. Aditya responds by rolling his eyes while they enter the club.

The club was specifically booked for the graduation celebration and thus for the night no outsider was allowed. Just the students, faculty and obviously people with invite. So for the night the environment of the club was different and much calmer as well compared to the other nights. Aditya being the son of the college Dean obviously was invited to the celebration. And as they enter the club they are shown their VIP seats.

"You know once Dad said he would sell me without a second thought if he gets a daughter like her in return."

Ansh gives a confused smile and says "well who would buy you? Anyways "her" who?"

"Arey that topper girl...i can't remember her name...she has a nice name though and she was okay looking too. And i am sure she must be intelligent too but marriage that too arrange and on top of that with a nerd no...never"

"I have no idea why are you even thinking all this. She will reject your idiot ass. So chill and lets order something..."

"Oh fuck you Ansh. I am going to bring our drinks." Saying so Aditya leaves the table without bothering to wait for Ansh's reply, who on the other hand internally smiles at his friend and starts playing with his phone as soon as he is left alone at the table.

Ansh isn't able to keep his focus on his mobile phone for long as someone's laugh echoes through the club. Ansh raises his head and involuntarily looks around to find the source of the noise. Even after a few moments the echo of the laughter doesn't seem to seize. He furrows his brows and walks ahead towards the balcony which looked over the stage of the club. And finally he sees her laughing her heart out.

There was Aarya on the floor of the stage in between scattered papers, mic and guitar, laughing while fallen down. She was in a very simple pants paired with simple tee and glittery jacket while her hair was in a lose bun with a pencil in it.

Ansh was in the balcony staring at Aarya, after a few moments of which a slight smile makes its way on Ansh's face. He could see a few other people, who were obviously the girl's friends laughing at her while helping her to get up.

"Yaar guys......mic...." Aarya says so between her laughter and all of them start looking for mic to switch it off.

Aarya's echoing laughter and pure smile still had Ansh's complete attention. Aarya on the other hand gets herself up with the help of her friends and moves towards the back of the stage. Ansh being lost in the situation kept leaning ahead to take a good look at the girl when he feel someone grabbing him by his shoulder and looks behind.

"Are you blind? You would have fallen down idiot..." scolds a confused and startled Aditya.

Ansh then looks around and realises his position. Even after the realization settles in, he glances ahead to take a look at the girl but he isn't able to find her.

Aditya who was worriedly looking at Ansh gets confused and asks "Anshu...dude what are you looking at?..."

Ansh widely smiles and replies "...just...somewhere..." and he moves towards the sofa along with Aditya. Both the friends were having gala time when Aditya abruptly stands and hides his alcoholic drink behind his back as he sees his father coming towards them.

"Hey Dad, great party..." Aditya says so while trying to have a normal conversation with his father when he gets interrupted.

His father doesn't seem to buy his dramatic behavious and interrupts him saying "Save your drama for later idiot..." then he turns to Ansh and continues "Long time no sees son. Good to see you. How's everything in family?"

Ansh replies with "everything is perfect Uncle by the way i heard you found someone for him. Whose that unlucky..."

"She is still lucky. She isn't interested in getting married so she denied for the meeting. And as much as i want her to be my daughter-in-law i can't force her" Aditya's father Mr. Mallick replies interrupting Ansh.

Ansh grins and says "oh good for her then" while glancing at Aditya who was just rolling his eyes at both of their words.

Mr.Mallick leaves them alone for a while after the conversation but he makes his return soon after wanting Aditya to tag along him. Mr. Mallick is the current principal who wants to introduce his son to some faculty members of his college. Thus with this intention in his mind Mr. Mallick takes Aditya along leaving Ansh with his own company.