Don't judge him though. Even if Yoongi and Hoseok did end up being together, Namjoon swore he'd be happy for them. For Hoseok. For Yoongi.

"Ah, I see." Was all that he replies after swimming away from his thoughts.

They had their lunch without really exchanging any words, and the silence was very much awkward, which was hitting Namjoon like bricks. Wanting to get rid of the awkward tension surrounding them, but more specifically Yoongi's silence, "We should hang out more. You and I." Namjoon suggests.

Yoongi nods his head thoughtlessly, "Yeah, sure.."

Namjoon was happy with that simple answer. He didn't really mind the half-hearted reply because he knows all of Yoongi's mind is currently busy worrying about Hoseok. And so is his. He was a good friend of Hoseok, after all.

But because the fact that he was able to have lunch with Yoongi without Hoseok, or anyone in general, he was more happy than worried.

Hoseok goes to the school two days after Yoongi and Namjoon's interaction. The duo did share hi's and bye's in the corridors of the school but that was it. Namjoon wasn't complaining because Yoongi was noticing him enough to exchange the greetings, he's more than happy now.

And as soon as Yoongi caught a sight of the missing male, all of his plans of not bombarding Hoseok with worried or clingy behaviour went in vain. "Where in the world have you been? Why were you not coming to the school? Why couldn't I reach you? I couldn't even find you at your home."

The said male looks at the one who just questioned him about his whereabouts, "I.. was at home?' He replies as he gave him a sheepish smile.

"Do you think I wouldn't visit you at your home?" Yoongi rolls his eye and that's when Hoseok finally sits beside him, "I did, but your mom said you were out. Have been staying out more, than at home."

Hoseok sighs, opting to take his time answering.

This day or the other, Hoseok cannot hide the fact that he was now [he is surprisingly accepting the fact these days] engaged to Taehyung. Before, or after the confession happened, Yoongi always had, and he always will occupy a special space in his heart. They were best of the best friends, after all.

Cutting Hoseok's thoughts in the process, Yoongi speaks again, "Your mom seemed to believe you were going to the school. I almost denied it but thankfully, when I caught up, I covered up for you, by the way."

Hoseok feels guilty now.

Yes, he has been skipping school all these days, and he has been hiding it from his mom for quite some time now. Some days willingly, and some days upon Taehyung's 'requests' he frequented the palace. He did enjoy the Prince's company, he really did. He had this very bad capacity of making Hoseok's heart flutter at any given moment, and has the worst capacity of making him blush at any given time.

He hasn't spoken to his mom about his engagement either and he genuinely finds it very hard to believe. Because all of his eighteen years life, he has never, never hid a thing from his mother. But because he did end up keeping his engagement as a secret, he had to hide away his meeting with the Prince, as well.

"Anyways, I suppose you were gonna say something before I started speaking?" Yoongi questions, unsure.

Bracing himself to speak the truth, "So, the thing is.." Hoseok starts off being hesitant. He almost said what had actually happened but then a thought suddenly swallowed away his words.

You're going to hurt him the first thing in the day. At least care about him, if not his feelings.

Hoseok's eyes grow slightly wide at the inner thought. He clears his throat before forcing out a smile, "It's nothing important. Let's talk about it later?" He requests Yoongi, and although reluctantly, the older boy still agreed.

He doesn't want to push Hoseok's buttons. He can wait.

But that is, if he didn't see the new glint of shine in one of Hoseok's fingers. His ring finger to be precise.

Now, Yoongi knows everything about Hoseok. You can't expect him not to when the duo has practically been together for most of the life they have lived. And he knows that Hoseok is not a big fan of accessories. Never has been, well, maybe until now.

Maybe his likings have changed. Maybe he grew to like them these days. And maybe Yoongi should stop overthinking about that mere object.

For now, that is.

"Yoongi.." Hoseok trails off, "I've been, sort of like, having this thought- which is more like a question, for quite some days now.." he says now looking at Yoongi, and when the mint haired boy nods indicating Hoseok to continue, Hoseok does just that. "Remember the first time we met Taehyung?"

Yoongi's heart clenches at the mention of the Prince, but he does not show it on his face. Instead he hums and nods again, and that was the cue for Hoseok to continue.

"I'm asking this now because I've never really.. gotten a chance to ask this to you before?" Hoseok frowns at his own sentence, unsure. Clearing his throat, he continues, "Anyways, what I wanted to ask was, on the day we met him.. how did you know that he was the Prince? I'm pretty sure Taehyung has told me that he wasn't known to the people yet as he wasn't introduced to us back then, and he still isn't now. So, how come you..?"

The mint haired boy purses his lips, "Honestly, I wasn't sure myself in the beginning either. I heard it from my dad that the Prince was supposed to return in those days. And when I saw the grand car, the guards standing around it and the royal brooch that was attached to their uniform, I was able to confirm my suspicion. My dad works for the King, so me knowing all these little things is a given, you know?"

Hoseok nods wordlessly, piecing up Yoongi's words in his mind, thinking deeply. When realisation hit him, he frowns, "It is understandable that his phone died, but he had guards with him? He could've simply used their phone instead of rudely taking mine," he mumbles thinking out loud.

"Well, I'm not completely sure about this but my dad also said that the guards and the maids who are assigned to serve the Prince are especially prohibited to use or even possess any electronical device with them when they're around the prince- which also includes a mobile phone." Yoongi shrugs, "It's for his privacy, apparently. The King was very keen with these stuff because he didn't want to leak Taehyung's information before he makes an official announcement about him."

"Wow, you know a lot about what goes inside," Hoseok says in surprise, "And for someone who has been going there every second day, I barely know anything," he mumbles, huffing.

"You.. have been frequenting the palace?" Yoongi asks, fully surprised, yet still very unsure if he heard Hoseok wrong.

Hoseok's eyes widen a little at the question. "I, um, yeah. Have been staying there more these days. Sorry, I couldn't say you before." He admits, feeling very guilty for some reason.

Yoongi goes silent for some time after replying ‘Oh, I see’, to Hoseok's prior confession.

━━

an;
I apologize for such long wait.
In all honesty, I had no idea you
guys were still reading this
book. But I'm super glad to
know that you are!

I'm hoping you enjoyed the
update. I'll start working on
the next chapter now.

Take care, loves. xoxo.