Chapter Twenty: The Old Switcheroo!

Aria's POV
It's an old house. The walls are all connected. This place gives a whole new meaning to the 'walls have ears'.  It's possible to hear conversations when you sit near the vents. Having been locked in my room with no access to the outside world, I have been keeping my mind busy. In the quiet if the night, it's possible to hear everything.

"...what?"

"Your highness!" A breathless woman spoke. "He is sending her away!"

"When?"

"This very night!"

There was some silence. The duchess must not be pleased. But who are they talking about? Who is being sent away?

"Where? Where is he sending her?"

"To his friend... A Mr Harrington."

"He's sending her to the Hamptons."  My mother laughed wickedly. "Good work. Go back and keep your ears open."

There's a mole in Henrik's house! I must warm him! I must find some way if warning him!

I ran to the window and opened it wide. This pregnancy is the reason I haven't jumped out. I can't risk the baby's life. When I saw the backstabbing traitor running across the driveway I felt rage consume me.

"Hey you! I see you" I screamed at the top of my voice like a mad woman. My voice screeched in the dark silent night. She stopped and turned her head. She's a servant! "You shameless gossip monger of a woman! I will expose you! I know who you are! I know what you are doing! I will expose you!"

She ran away.

It's the most I can do but I need to do more for him. 

I went back to the vent. There's talk ... talk of travel. The duchess is going somewhere.  I tried to listen some more but the conversation was lost in the walls. She's gone.

I heard the sound of her footsteps outside my door. I quickly sat on my bed ready for a confrontation. The moment she opened the door, I armed myself with the table lamp.

"Is this what you hav been reduced to? A mad woman?"

"I know you have a spy in the chateau! Henrik shall hear about it! He will find out!"

"And who will tell him, you?" She laughed wickedly. "Will you send a little birdie with a note attached to it's foot?"

"What you're doing is wicked! You can't meddle and toy with people lives like you're playing with dolls in a doll house!"

"I am the duchess." She paused. "I do whatever I want, whenever I want to whomever I want. Stop shouting like a mad woman or I'll reunite you with your kind."

I hurled the lamp at her but she closed the door too fast.

I have to find a way to earn Henrik.

Poor Vivi is in trouble!

Armor's POV
"I want this to be flawless." I addressed the head of my security who accompanied Harriet to the airport. "It's a simple exchange. I don't want Vivinenne hurt. That child inside her is important to me."

The child is the end game. What better way to get my hands on a Sinclair heir than by his new mother handing him to me?

The adults are now pawns that I want to dispose of. They won't cooperate and I won't waste my time with them anymore.

"Yes your highness. Understood. Where should we bring Vivienne after the exchange?"

"Bring her back to Marseille. It is her home after all." I smiled at my reflection. "Au revoir and all the best." I out the phone away. I smiled at the woman tied to a chair. "Did you say something red?"