𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

Comenzar desde el principio

Every time she saw Wolfgang von Strucker before, it was followed by screams from the "volunteers" that came to HYDRA. Alexandria watched the man with the monocle walk past her as if she wasn't there before he went to stand by her parents. She listened to their conversation about the lime green vials spread out in front of them but the girl didn't understand anything about it.

"Mother," the girl called out when Strucker began walking towards her with one of the vials in his hand, causing Emilia to look up at her daughter with an unamused look on her face, "can you please let me go? I don't wanna do this."

The Easton woman never responded to her scared child. She simply looked back down at the papers in front of her as if Alexandria hadn't said a word.

Tears began to form in the girl's eyes as she looked away from her parents to meet the bald man's gaze. Strucker simply stared down at her with a smile that sent chills down Alexandria's spine. The redheaded child didn't move a muscle as the man cleaned her arm with a wipe before sticking the needle in her arm and letting the eerie green liquid enter her body.

That was when the pain began.

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟑, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟑
𝐒𝐎𝐊𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐘𝐃𝐑𝐀 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄

A week had passed since the disappearance of Timothy and Emilia Easton. Alexandria was told by almost everyone at the base that they were sent on a mission to get more "volunteers" for their experiments and never returned. But she didn't believe a single word they said. She never believed anything she was told by HYDRA. And yet she was happy they were gone. Nothing good ever came out of Timothy and Emilia being around.

Over the years, they forced the Easton girl to be part of their research and tested all their new creations on her. Despite the agonizing screams that erupted from their daughter every time they experimented on her, they never stopped. They never saw her as their child, only as a lab rat. Both of her parents, if she could even call them that, treated her as if she could be replaced with a snap of her fingers. But it turned out they were wrong. Alexandria was much more valuable to HYDRA than both of them combined.

That gave the Easton girl a sickly-sweet feeling in her stomach.

What she didn't know was the real reason her parents got on HYDRA's bad side. If anyone told Alexandria that they were trying to protect her from another one of Strucker's experiments, she wouldn't believe them. She would simply laugh in their faces. But it was true. They were trying to keep her out of their superior's plans. A plan to experiment on their daughter with a certain Asgardian scepter that turned out to be Strucker's pride and joy.

Alexandria's thoughts continued to consume her as she sat on her cot in her room. Her legs were stretched out as far as they could go and her head leaned against the cold stone wall behind her. The Easton girl closed her eyes and listened to the sound of HYDRA agents walking past the door that only opened from the outside. Being left alone was the most peace she got while living at the base. Even though she hated the isolation, she enjoyed every moment of the agents or their superiors not bothering her. It wasn't until a set of footsteps stopped in front of her room did she know her peace was about to be interrupted.

The redheaded girl slowly opened her eyes as the steel door opened to reveal Strucker standing just outside the hall with two HYDRA agents at his side. Alexandria didn't move a muscle as the HYDRA leader stared at her then he gestured toward her. Before she could comprehend what was happening, the two agents walked forward to grab both of Alexandria's arms and drag her out of the room.