Departure

The months leading up to Cathleen's departure flew by quickly. Cathleen spent most of her time studying ahead with her textbooks. Ron came over for a sleepover on Harry's birthday. And the Weasley's threw together a cool little party for Ginny and Percy in August. But now, September 1st had arrived.

The family of six wake up super early to prepare for the almost 5 hour journey to London. Cathleen is giddy the whole ride.

"What's Hogwarts like?" She asks for the fifth time this week.

Remus and Sirius both laugh before Sirius answers her, "Darling, stop worrying. Hogwarts is magical, you're going to have an amazing time and everyone is going to love you."

"I hope so," she says with a smile looking down and petting Romeo, her beautiful grey cat. The kids all fall asleep on the way there but Remus wakes them up a little after 10 when they're getting close to London.

They make it to the train station thirty minutes before 11. The family navigates their way through the busy crowd with ease and eventually they make it to the space between platforms 9 and 10. As they're arriving they see another family go through the wall.

All four children look towards Remus and Sirius in shock. "Is that how you get onto the platform?" Cathleen asks in shock.

Sirius nods up and down with a goofy grin on his face, "Do you want to do the honors of going first?" He asks.

Cathleen looks around hesitantly, "Is it safe?"

Remus laughs lightly, "Of course it is, go ahead."

She frowns for a minute inspecting the wall before she shrugs and runs at it. She's in awe as she comes through the  other end she can see a sign for Platform 9¾, wizards families all around saying goodbye to loved one, and the most amazing thing of all, the Hogwarts Express.

Marcus comes in after her a look of awe on his face as well. He looks at her incredulously, "You're so lucky you get to be going to Hogwarts this year."

She smiles mockingly, "Don't worry baby brother, you'll be able to go next year."

"Don't patronize me," he says with a roll of his eyes.

"Careful," she warns. "I'll be learning all types of spells this year and I'll make sure to learn one to keep your eyes stuck in the back of your head if you keep rolling them."

He rolls his eyes again and sticks his tongue out. Harry and Sirius come through next, Remus and Ariella behind them.

"I see the Weasley's," Remus says, pointing a little ways off. "I think Andromeda and them are over there too."

"Lead the way," Sirius says smiling at his husband. Remus smiles back playfully and leads them in the direction of the Weasley's.

"Ah you made it," Mrs. Weasley says noticing them. She pulls all the kids into a hug before singling out Cathleen. "Are you excited to finally be going?"

Cathleen nods, "Yes ma'am."

Mrs. Weasley's smile grows, "Just remember the boys are in the castle if you ever need anything."

"I know Aunt Molly," Cathleen says hugging the woman once more. Then she goes over to say goodbye to her Aunt Andromeda and Uncle Ted.

"You better write to us every once in a while kiddo," Ted says with a smile.

"I will," She says hugging him and then hugging her Aunt Andromeda.

"Don't forget," Andromeda says, "I wanna hear all about your classes and your friends, everything."

Cathleen laughs, "I won't forget."

Andromeda smiles and waves her off in the direction of her family. She smiles back walking over to her dad's.

"I'll miss you," Sirius says hugging her.

"I'll write to you all the time Papa." She assures as he pulls her into a bone crushing hug.

"You got everything?" Remus asks hugging her next.

"Yes sir," she answers.

He groans, "Oh I miss you already."

"I'll miss you too." She says.

Then she goes to hug all her siblings, Harry said he'd miss her, Marcus rolled his eyes but hugged her told her he'd see at Christmas, Ariella complained that she was being left alone in a house of boys but said she hoped Cathleen had fun.

"Okay let's go before we miss the train," Dora says coming over and grabbing onto Cathleen's hand.

Cathleen laughs, "Wait let me get my things."

Charlie runs over, "It's okay, I'll get it, our stuff is on the train already."

"Love you," Cathleen yells as her cousins drag her off.

"Love you too," everyone yells waving and blowing kisses.