V - Beautiful woman

3rd person pov

(Y/N) had gotten to know the Lynx just a bit more, something about him felt familiar but he couldn't recall what it was, like a hole in his already half missing memory; had he met Ash before perhaps? Maybe just crossed him on the street in the past already.

Either way, Ash Lynx was currently stuck in prison for a crime he didn't commit. The pig's death has more missing pieces than it should and (Y/N) knew that. Crimes as such often appeared in novels, where the murder was pinned on someone fully able to commit it, yet remained innocent.

It's not like the boy could do much about it, he wasn't a professional detective or anything so he would never figure out a proper way to argue against the police here, in New York.
Besides, his dear aunt Isabel forbid him from leaving the home for a week, even though he was an adult.
She didn't want her sister's son to be involved with the mafia, not in the slightest, that's why she kept most of her work secret.

Isabel was a fascinating person, a beautiful woman who raised (Y/N) as the son she never had, having promised her sister to protect him and give the poor boy love.
Unfortunately she could not fully guarantee his safety, because first of all, he was an adult with his own freedom.
And two,

They were in New York city.

Isabel had wanted to move away again, to another country, away from America but her job kept her from doing so
(Y/N)'s guess of her being a doctor wasn't entirely wrong, but not all that true either.

She was legally a doctor, yet behind the scenes, more of a scientist who doesn't exactly do much legal things.
It wouldn't be much of a problem to cover that up and leave the country but finding another job would be more complicated, because unfortunately not all places were okay hiring a trans woman, in fact some wouldn't even hire a woman at all.

Yes, Isabel was a beautiful trans woman, and she reached the point where it was almost impossible to know unless you were to see her real legal documents.
Being in contact with illegal business has it's perks, especially with people of high social status.

The scientist had accepted to work under Dino Golzine for a part, she wouldn't have accepted if it weren't for the fact that he agreed to have her legal documents replaced with her current name and gender.
She would've probably refused if they were around year that our generation is at now, but during the 80's, being the woman she is was seen not necessarily as correct.

Dino had not exactly been for the proposition, and couldn't help but think of her as a man. Yet needing a doctor like her, he agreed to it.

(Y/N) was aware of her aunt being a transgender woman but that hadn't ever changed anything. Not only did Isabel start teaching him about gender identity at a young age, but (Y/N) had found himself questioning his own gender too at times.

..

Back to the actual plot, Isabel (L/N) came rushing into Dino Golzine's mansion. Clearly unhappy, storming to the disgusting man who had 'raised' Ash.

"Mind telling why the fuck you framed Ash."
The tone in her voice was harsh, she hated, no, despised this man-thing in front of her.
"Come on, if you truly claim yourself as a lady then avoid the harsh words will you?"
These time of insults were nothing new to her, but it was still irritating everytime she had to hear it "Cut your crap. Why did you frame Ash."

"I have my reasons, a person like you shouldn't get involved with this matter, and i hired you remember? You don't need to know this. You're such a nosy 'woman', women shouldn't be involved."

She wanted to punch him, she really did, but doubted she'd get out of this place alive and simply sighed, before turning away speaking one final statement;

"You men disgust me with your ways, and i'll remind you that this woman's brain is smarter than that disgusting rapist mind of yours."

And she walked away, her heels tapping the floor.

————————————————

As you may have noticed, this chapter was heavily focused on Isabel. Though her character doesn't seem to be the most important, she sure will be needed in the future.