Valar Morghulis

A dull ache began to spread its way down Alyanna's legs, bottom and spine. The motion of the horse' movements finally beginning to take affect.

Nightfall had come and gone twice over by now, how far they had traveled she had no clue. The tears had slowly faded away the longer they where on the road.

Tears faded into silence as she clung to Sandor as if her life depended on it. Occasionally, she would ask how long until they could stop to rest. But Sandor just told her to rest on him, reassuring her that he would not let her fall.

"Sandor, please can we stop. I have to piss." Alyanna pleaded, not hearing so much as a grunt from him as he began to slow his horse.

They came to a stop in a small clearing surrounded by tall trees, Sandor jumping from the horse first before turning to lift Alyanna down by the waist.

She said a small thank you, before taking herself off to relieve herself. Sandor taking the opportunity to feed Stranger.

He took an apple from their supplies, holding it out in his hand for the warhorse to take. The large horse sniffed the apple hesitating at first, but eventually giving in with a huff and eating it whole.

Sandor placed a few strokes along Strangers neck whilst he was distracted, his own silent way of thanking the horse.

"Could we settle here for the night? You need to rest Sandor. Stranger needs to rest." Alyanna pleaded as she reappeared in the clearing.

Sandor grunted slightly as he sat himself back onto strangers back.

"Need to find water for him. Then we can stop." He said holding his hand out to her.

Alyanna sighed, accepting that they did indeed need to find water. Not only for Stranger, but for themselves too.

She walked forward her shoulders slumped, exhaustion setting in fast. She took Sandor's hand and let him lift her up and in front of him.

Her body instantly relaxing into his armoured chest. Not in any way comfortable, but too exhausted to put up a fight on it.

-

Nightfall had arrived once more when the pair rode up to a creek filled with water on strangers back, Sandor being the first to climb down the horse before lifting Alyanna gently to the ground.

Her head clouded with tiredness, she stumbled before being caught and pulled into his side protectively. Slowly he guided her toward a tree, leaning her against it for support.

"Stay here." He grunted, leaving to attend to stranger.

Alyanna could feel the weight of her eyelids fighting to close on her. Her lack of sleep aggressively catching up to her, preventing her from fighting any longer.

Having been so used to small naps against Sandors armour for the past few days, the tree she was slumped against felt like luxury.

"Anna." Sandor whispered, shaking her awake. Causing her to groan in response, her head falling as she still slept.

Deciding to give up all together, he grabbed ahold of their supply's. Pulling a small blanket from within and laying it out for them to sleep on.

Moving back towards Alyanna, gently scooping her up bridal style and laying her on top of it, before settling himself next to her for the night.

-

Alyanna's eyes opened slowly, taking in the peaceful sounds surrounding her. Only for a large snore to disturb her from them.