CHAPTER 7

Previously in BLOOD KNIGHT

Jungkook stepped down from the porch and walked over Namjoon, running the back of his hand over the new vampire's cheek. "Congratulations, my dearest Namjoon, you have been reborn."

Continuing from here:-

The forest disappeared in front of Jin, giving way to Irene's club where Jin was once again leaving against the bar to brace himself. He put his hand to his head, trying to regain his senses. "What was..." The fog in his mind cleared, leaving him more confused than ever.

As he shook off what just happened, Namjoon approached him. "I need to go speak with Irene immediately after the show." He gestured to a heavy red door on the far side of the room.

"What's in there?" Jin asked, his curiosity piqued.

"It's...A private room."

Jin tilted his head at the odd tone Namjoon had used. "Like her office?"

"Not exactly." Namjoon responded. "More like a private club within the club. But it might be dangerous for you to come."

Jin's eyes widened in realization. "So that's what you meant by only a few vampires out here."

Namjoon nodded in confirmation. "It can get a little wild in the Red Room. Vampires acting on their...Natural instincts. I'll be back in a few minutes." Namjoon assured him. "There's plenty for you to see out here while you wait."

Before he could walk away, Jin grabbed his hand. "I want to go with you."

"Are you sure?" Namjoon looked at him in a mixture of shock and concern.

"No." Jin answered honestly before smiling. "But how can I not check it out? And if I'm going to be your assistant, it seems like I ought to go with you, right?"

Namjoon sighed but agreed. "Stick close to me. And a word of warning, Irene can be charming and alluring, but she is incredibly dangerous." The look in Namjoon's eyes sent a shiver down Jin's spine, leaving him unable to respond other than a nod of understanding.

As they reached the red door, a burly guard nodded towards Namjoon. Namjoon nodded back, gripping Jin's hand protectively as he pulled him into the private room.

Jin looked around the luxurious space. "It's like a Vegas casino meets an opium den."

"That's pretty much Irene's aesthetic." Namjoon confirmed as Jin's gaze fell on the very...Scandalous interactions taking in the room. His eyes widened as he took in the many half-naked vampires feeding off of equally half-naked humans. And of course, it was impossible for him not to notice the male go-go dancers in the cages that decorated the room. "You okay?"

Jin swallowed thickly before nodding. "I think I just need a moment to take it all in." Namjoon squeezed his hand before guiding him through the room in search of the infamous designer. As they passed the bar, Jin noticed a group of vampires clinking glasses of smoking, green liquid. "Is that absinthe?"

"It's trendy with the under 200s right now." Namjoon sighed. "So tiresome."

At the other end of the bar, Jin saw that there were a few humans hooked up to what looked like IV machines. "Are they draining their blood?"

"Only in small amounts." Namjoon assured him. "Like giving blood at the hospital."

"Why?"