When Lan Wangji didn't budge from his position Wei Wuxian jerked his hand, throwing the other off balance and falling if not for two people who caught him. They called Lan Wangji's name in worry while Wei Wuxian became overcome with his buried emotions now freed, all forming and strengthening the resentful energy inside the hall.

The other two who held Lan Wangji didn't have to struggle to keep him in place because of their core strength. But suddenly a foot landed on one's left shoe while the other felt his jaw clamp painfully from the headbutt he received and so, they loosened their hold.

Before either of them could utter another word apart from a grunt of pain and shock, Lan Wangji had pushed Wei Wuxian who stumbled a bit only to see a blue streak of spiritual energy shot through the other while another wave of resentful energy came to blast in him from behind. He whistled sharply,but the smoke blasted in the back of Lan Wangji causing him to stagger and almost fall.
Wei Wuxian caught him with a shocked " Lan Zhan! No!"

He looked behind him to find that one of the elders pinned to the wall had managed to free his arm while Wei Wuxian's focus had wavered for a second on seeing Lan Wangji.

Taking advantage of their position the elder had shot the energy to attack Wei Wuxian but Lan Wangji had seen the blue at the last second only managing to make Wei Ying stagger sideways.
Behind Lan Wangji though, no one was free.

After the fiasco in the main hall, a worried and frantic Lan Xichen ran through the pathways of Cloud Recesses with an unconscious Lan Wangji in his arms, two more figures trailing behind him at a distance.
They reached Hanshi just like that and Lan Xichen placed his brother on the bed gingerly while a tense Sizhui informed him of the healer's arrival.

The healer took one glance at Lan Wangji and sighed. She ordered them to call another healer while she checked his meridians and made him sit and pushed his accupoints, making Lan Wangji vomit blood immediately. He opened his eyes at that and gasped quietly for a while with the healer murmuring some soft words and rubbing his back.
When the other healer arrived, he and the first healer had a silent conversation with their eyes and then got to work. For fifteen minutes, no one spoke. Just as they finished, the woman turned to Lan Xichen with a pinched expression.
" Zewu-Jun, please don't let Second Young Master Lan leave the bed for now. He must rest thoroughly. "

" He was attacked earlier. Did he get any wound or complications from that ?"
The healer's eyebrows furrowed at that and she turned towards the man still looking down at Lan Wangji lying on the bed with a confused expression.
"Surprisingly, he doesn't. I cannot detect anything wrong in him but there's definitely something. What was he attacked with ?"

" A shot of qi and resentful energy."
" And he didn't qi deviate at the spot ? Lao Zhu, that's strange. " The female healer asked Lao Zhu, who furrowed his brows more and hummed in thought.
" That's interesting. But dangerous too. According to general theory, he should either have qi deviated or burnt his veins from excessive qi but neither of them seem to have happened in some twisted miraculous way. What was the nature of qi you said ?"

" One spiritual and another resentful. "
Lan Xichen was going to have a headache for sure.
Just then another voice spoke " He wouldn't."
The three of them turned towards the door to see a frantic and vibrating Wei Wuxian standing there with his gaze fixed on the sleeping figure. He didn't look at anyone except Lan Wangji who was unaware of the blatant staring.
While Wei Ying walked towards the bed, he talked, explaining and answering the silent question of the two healers.
" He might have qi deviated but." Putting two fingers on the inside of his wrist, Wei Ying closed his eyes; concentrating and focusing on the flow of qi.
" But what Wei gonzi ?"
Lan Xichen was, probably for the first time in his life impatient. You can't blame him though.
Since two weeks he had been trying to find out what was wrong with his didi with no clue or hint except that the Meili sect hier had made him drink some concoction or potion whatever, but they didn't have the concoction or any clue as to how it was made.