𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐲𝐚&𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐜 キ log seven

[angst warning!]

kaeya alberich / diluc ragnvindr | log seven
(quite a beefy one in length this time, boys)
(is not proofread so apologize for any errors!!)

" regrets and wine bottles "
(family!kaeluc)

"diluc!" a navy blue-haired child ran across the forest and into the arms of his big brother. 

diluc chuckled, his young features morphing into a happy expression at the sounds of his little brother's giggles.

"diluc! kaeya! it's time for dinner!"

kaeya frowned. "i'm not hungry though!"

diluc pinched kaeya's cheeks teasingly. "come on, just a little!"

kaeya folded his arms, an adamant expression on his face. "no!" 

diluc huffed. "fine, but don't come crying asking for food when you see what dad made today."

that got kaeya's attention and he pursed his lips. "well- fine! only because i'm curious!"

diluc smiled. "come on, just say you're hungry." 

kaeya puffed up his cheeks, bolting towards the house. "first person to get to the dinner table gets first serve!" 

diluc's eyes widened as he stumbled to catch up with kaeya. "hey, no fair! what happened to not being hungry!?" 

crepus watched with a fond expression as the giggles of his sons filled the cottage.

+

diluc watched with a petrified expression as the screams of his father filled the air.

he barely got his legs to move from the ground, every step heavy as he went towards his father in a puddle of red liquid on the brick floor.

red drenched his pale skin as he lifted his father's slowly limping body, tears threatening to fall from the corners of his eyes.

his father still wore a smile even during his dying breaths, his eyes flashing indescribable pain for a few seconds before regaining his composure.

kaeya watched from a distance, not wanting to intrude but feeling tears prickling his eyes.

small, weak groans were all that left crepus as tears ran down his cheeks, his son mimicking his expression.

a few desperate, hoarse, and painfully slow breaths later and a limp, now deceased body was what was left in diluc's arms that fateful night.

his grieve wasn't able to last long as he saw kaeya looking off the edge of the mountain their house resided in.

the fact that kaeya wasn't by him and their father's side during his last moments left a bitter taste in his mouth.

his bloodied hands curled into fists, the red liquid seeping through the cracks of his palm as he approached kaeya.

his beloved brother turned to face him with eyes as icy cold as his vision.

"sir? sir!"

"diluc!"

the redhead gasped, his vision blurry as the voice that woke him let out a worried yelp.

"sir! are you okay?"

his vision adjusted to the lighting and he managed to make out the figure in front of him as his former blonde junior.