𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞 𝐱 𝐳𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐢 キ log four

childe & zhongli | log four

"zhongliiii.." 

"childe, stop whining, i'm just about done." zhongli chuckled from the bathroom.

"i'm tiredddd..."

"alright, alright, hold on."

zhongli stopped drying his hair after his shower and placed the towel back onto the cabinet in the bathroom, double-checking everything before he decided to leave.

he stretched his arms out of exhaustion, walking out of the bathroom as he closed the door softly behind him.

"zhongli!" 

zhongli almost rammed his head into the door as childe hopped onto his back, zhongli smiling softly as he held his boyfriend's thighs to prop him up on his back.

"darling, i told you to go to bed hours ago." zhongli turned his head to the side, making eye contact with childe who was resting his chin on zhongli's shoulder.

"can't sleep." childe mumbled, his ginger hair sticking out on all ends caused by his rolling on the bed while zhongli was taking a shower.

zhongli sighed. "alright, i'll tuck you into bed. get off my back for a moment."

"i don't wanna walkkk.." childe slurred tiredly.

"you're not going to walk, i'll carry you, don't worry."

childe pouted softly as he carefully got off zhongli, now sitting on the floor as his head looked up at zhongli, making grabby hands at the older.

zhongli rolled his eyes at his boyfriend with a smile, kneeling down as he lifted childe in his arms, childe instinctively securing himself by wrapping his legs around zhongli's waist.

childe buried his face in zhongli's neck in content as zhongli comfortingly rubbed his back as he made his way to their bedroom.

zhongli turned on the lamp next to their bed as he slowly bent down, pressing childe's back against the mattress, childe's grip on his waist and neck loosening.

zhongli moved his body up to walk to the other side of the bed but childe quickly grabbed his collar, zhongli quickly using his hands to support himself as he lingered on top of childe.

his confused golden eyes wandered the ginger's blue ones before childe reached out a hand to caress zhongli's soft skin.

"don't go."

zhongli frowned. 

there was only one instance where childe started to act like this.

"i'm right here, ajax."

zhongli let his arms go limp, falling next to childe's body on the mattress.

childe smiled, snuggling closer to zhongli's chest.

childe opened his eyes, smiling softly as his hands went to play with zhongli's wet hair strands.

zhongli closed his eyes in content at the feeling, his hand unconsciously rubbing childe's cheek.

"darling."

"mm?"

"have you been having those nightmares again?" zhongli asked softly.

childe flinched softly at the question.

"no-"

"ajax."

childe sighed. "yeah."

zhongli instinctively pulled childe close to him, tangling their legs together and pressing childe's head under his neck.

"i told you to tell me when something's wrong."

childe softly kissed zhongli's neck. "i know. i'm sorry li."

(lord help me find a nickname for zhongli, i cant have childe calling him geo daddy as an endearment and 'zhong' doesn't sound right, li sounds like the best but it's like two letters, why is this mans name so blunt)

zhongli hummed at the feeling. he didn't mind it, childe often kissed zhongli's neck when he wanted to apologize and it relieved him from the stress he'd built up that day.

zhongli moved back slightly, pressing a soft kiss to childe's forehead.

that was it. childe missed that.

childe missed his boyfriend's kisses.

"can you do that again?" he looked up at his boyfriend.

zhongli chuckled under his breath before leaning in again, this time his lips lingering on childe's forehead for just the right amount of time for childe to ease himself from his thoughts.

zhongli leaned away before lifting childe's chin, leaning in once again as he softly connects their lips.

childe smiles at the feeling, his grip on zhongli's open hair tightening as he leans up to the kiss.

childe brought his other hand to zhongli's arm, intertwining their fingers in between their bodies pressed tight against each other.

zhongli let his lips rest on his lover's for two beats before pulling away, his golden eyes sparkling with content as he gazed into childe's equally alive ones.

he did it again, and again, and again, small pecks littering the ginger's tired face.

zhongli finally stopped once he heard the pleas and giggles from his boyfriend to stop, ducking down to tuck his head below childe's neck, arms wrapped tightly around childe and his black locks pricking childe's delicate skin.

"i love you so much. you know that, right?"

childe smiled. zhongli didn't say that often, but every moment he did was one of pure euphoria.

"i love you too, li."