XXIII. The Rain Have To Stop

Start from the beginning

"P?"

"I.. I don't know what to say to you anymore." He almost stuttered. He totally avoided looking at me.

"I understand P. So this is it then? Thank you for everything P Vee. Thanks for this one time opportunity you gave me even after lying to you and all that." My heart is breaking. I know this is the last time I'd be this close to him. I had wish to stay longer by his side but it came too soon. I would miss him, badly. But then again, all good things should come to an end somehow.

"Mark." Hmmm. I will surely miss hearing my name from this beautiful mouth of his. I will miss those tender kisses from these pretty lips of his. The lips that already kissed someone else's lips a few minutes ago. I bet that beautiful girl still waits for him in his room. The room that I almost call as my own just a few days ago. I have to cut this short then before he gets too irritated of me. I opened the door beside me before turning to him to say my final goodbye.

"I'll go now P. This is the last time I'll be bothering you. I'm sorry again." He just sat there staring at me and I gave him one last smile before I finally walk away from his car, away from his life.

I walked awkwardly as I started limping once again because the pain down my hips started throbbing after the effect of the pain killers subsided. How can I get more miserable than this?

"Mark wait!" I stopped on my tracks when I heard him call behind me. Why does he have to call me back when the tears that I was trying to hold back started falling again? I wiped them with the back of my hands before turning to face P Vee once again.

"Uhmm yes P?" He stood there a few steps away from me frozen in his own tracks. He was looking at me like he wanted to hug me or punch me, I can't tell anymore. My eyesight are all blurry with my tears.

"Let me send you home." He said in a hoarse voice. He is too good to be true. How can I ever deserve him? I shake my head slowly and smiled at him.

"Thanks P. But no need. I can take care of myself. Besides you have to get back to that girl who is probably waiting for you in your room right now." I saw him fidgetting when I mentioned about that girl.

"How will you get home? It's still raining out there. Will you be taking the cab?." He responded taking a step closer.

"Uhm, I think I will take the bus P. The station is near here anyway." I'll take the bus because I don't have enough cash with me. I also left my wallet at my place in order not to cause any suspicion from Kana when I went out of my room telling him I'd only be meeting aunt Preeda down my building. I know the three of them are frantic in looking for me now.

"Then uhmm.. Let me walk you there then." P Vee insisted as he turned back to his car to grabbed something. It was a long umbrella he took from the back seat.

I know I won't be able to argue with him so I did not speak after that and walked behind him trying my best not to limp.

The rain was still falling outside and I immediately shivered when the cold air suddenly hits my skin. I wished I had grabbed some jacket before I go out. I saw P Vee infront of me opening the umbrella. Does he expect us to walk side by side under that umbrella up to the bus stop? After all that happened we would do that?

"What are you waiting for? Come on!" He called for me impatiently.

"Uhmm P, it's really ok to let me walk there alone. The rain is not that heavy anyway. Besides we won't fit in that umbrella you have there." I reasoned out.

"Then have this." With a swift motion, he put the handle of the umbrella to my hands to grasp before stepping out of the rain himself. I was dumbfounded when he just did that. I was not able to react from shock.