See You

I know the pandemic went on a lot longer than this. But for the sake of the story, it's gone now and getting better. And since we've all lived this shit for over a year now, having it end quickly in a make-believe world is what we need.

Enjoy.

April 2020

Tatiana's POV:

I laid on the couch and looked at my iPad. "Come on dad." I sighed. "I can't lose you. Don't leave me alone."

The doctor walked over and looked at the camera. "He's stable." He said. "Which is good."

"He's not improving." I said.

"I know, but he's not getting worse. Take the win, Tatiana. Even if it's small."

"I just need my father back."

"And I will continue to do everything I can to make sure you get him back. But we need to be patient with him. This virus is no joke." I nodded. "But I'll call you tomorrow, same time. You can talk to him. Knowing you're here with him will be good."

"I wish I was actually there."

"If it wasn't such a wish, I'd let you in."

"I understand." I said. "Believe me. I do. I have nothing but respect for you. Doctors, nurses. All of you. And if there is anything I can do to help you guys, let me know. Dropping off food to you or even to your families. I'm here to help."

He smiled. "I will keep that in mind."

"We get through this together." I said.

"Get some rest, Tatiana." He hung up and I laid back on the couch. 

"That's all I do, doc. That's all I do."

Leila's POV:

"Ok. That wraps up today. Keep doing what you guys are doing. It's not the same as running on the field, but keeping you guys moving in any way is all we can do right now. Stay safe."  

All the coaches and trainers hung up till it was just the players. "How's everyone?" Alexia asked.

"Good. Considering." Aitana said. 

"Jenni we can tell that's Alexia's apartment." Andrea said. 

"Shut up." Alexia said. I smirked. 

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss having to sprint on the field." Patri sighed.

I smiled. "Leila you're being quiet." Jenni said. "You ok?"

I nodded. "I'm fine." I looked at her on the screen. "Just miss you assholes."

"THAT'S REAL NICE!" Sandra said. Jenni continued to look at me. When we hung up, my phone rang.

Incoming FaceTime Call

Jenni

I smiled and answered. "I said I'm fine, Jenni."

"And I know you're not." She said. "Being home all the time isn't easy for anyone, but you're alone. And I know you miss Tatiana, so please be honest with me. How are you, Leila? Really."

I sighed. "I do miss her. And I'm worried about her and I wish I could go see her but I know if I was there I'd be worried about all of you. I'm torn between two worlds. I want to be with her but I don't want to leave you, but she's also alone."

"Her father is still in the hospital?"

"He's still on the machines." I looked down. "I want to call her but I don't want to bother her. I also know she has calls with him every day. The doctors put an iPad in his room and call Tatiana at the same time. So she can talk to her dad. He isn't awake but they said it's good if he hears her voice."