Chapter 1

Kimberly's POV

Beep Beep Beep!!

"Oh shit!" I looked at my alarm clock and its 8:00 and I should be at my new job at 9:30. I hurriedly got out of bed and went into the bathroom to do my daily routine.

When I was finish I looked for my work cloths did my hair and pack my handbag and then went down stairs to get something to eat. When I reach down stairs I saw my mom drinking her normal tea (Jamaican coffee) and reading her newspaper. She turn around and saw that I was about to hit my forehead into the wall.

"Kim! Look where you're going" My mom warned while shaking her head.

"Thanks mom I wasn't paying attention. It's my first day at work and I'm trying to be punctual" I said while garbing a bottle of water and a fruit I saw on the table in a basket.

"Okay sweet heart but before you leave your sister will be coming home today" she said while smiling because she knows that it had been a long time that I lost saw my big sis Alexa.

The last time I saw her was at our father's funeral, she had to leave that same day to go to Kingston in Jamaica to prepare for her new job for the next day. Leaving me and mom in Crooked River in Jamaica so that I could finish my studies in college not only that but to be there to keep her company.

"Kim!"

My father was a good man he always know when my sister and I needs something and don't want to ask or when we should go to church and we don't want to. He would always say this "To you it's just a building, to me it's a place where we, our love ones and friends comes together to share how great full we are to be alive" That just gave us the courage to go to church. He was the breadwinner of the house because my mom was in a wheel chair because of a car crash, but the doctor said that she will be able to walk sometime in the future because she was recovering quickly from it. When my father pasted away my sister was the one who took care of us, although my mom legs were heeled she only could do things for herself that is why my sis took care of us.

"Kim!"

Now it's my time to take care of them both I know that my father would be proud of me.

"Kimberly!" My mom shouted knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Yes mom you were saying something?" I asked.

"I was calling you but you weren't listening, you were in your thoughts again?" She asked while looking down knowing that I was thinking about my father.

"Sorry mom you know I'm easily distracted" I said smiling trying to change the subject because I know it's hard for her too.

"Okay sweety, what time you should be at work?" she asked. When she asked me that I quickly look at my phone to see the time.

"Oh mom I'm glad you asked I didn't remember I was going somewhere" I went to her and gave her a kiss and quickly leave the house. I heard her saying goodbye but I was out the door already.

My fellow readers, this is my first chapter hope you love it also thanks to my friend Alicia for choosing the name of Kimberly's sister. Please vote and comment what you think, byeee.