𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. 𝑣𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑎

Start from the beginning

"Good." She nodded as she allowed his face to resume its normal position. "Let's go, I think I can hear Elliott eating his cereal."

Before she could turn around, however, Five muttered, "Wait."

Her eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

Five only winked before pulling her closer to him by the waist and kissing her deeply, ignoring the fact that both of them had just woken up and hadn't brushed their teeth.

He drew away after a minute, though he kept his forehead pressed on hers, and smirked against her lips. "Okay, now let's go save the world."

An alarm rang as soon as they came into the living room, and Elliott called them over, his mouth stuffed with cereal, "Hey, we got one. Hey, one of those machines you guys asked for is going crazy."

"Which one?" Five asked as he rushed over, leaning a hand on the back of Elliott's chair as they gazed into a screen that had a green filter and circles expanding over it.

"It's the, uh, atmospheric radar," Elliott answered as Valerie approached with tightly knit eyebrows.

"Good." Five nodded.

"I don't get it." Elliott shook his head as he peered towards the screen. "What are you tracking? A hurricane? A storm front?

"Sound waves," Five breathed out before grabbing Valerie's hand.

"Sound waves," Elliott repeated, seeming amazed by this answer.

Five didn't allow Elliott any more time to speak as he spatial-jumped both he and Valerie into a large cornfield. The space they were in, however, had the plants pressed deep against the ground, much of it doing so so that it formed a circle.

"Huh. Vanya definitely was here. Anyway, here." Five dug through his blazer pockets and handed her a smushed bar as he instructed, "Eat."

"Did you sleep on this?" Valerie crinkled her nose as she reluctantly unwrapped the bar, not wanting to bring the 'food' anywhere near her mouth.

"Doesn't matter," he answered, which meant yes. "Eat."

"Disgusting," she muttered before shoving the bar into her mouth, almost gagging as soon as it hit her tongue. She was never going to get used to the taste, that was for sure.

They began to walk through the rows of tall corn, searching for their sister, though it didn't take too long.

They soon approached a crouching Vanya, who was trying to hide behind a cluster of cornstalks and was watching them. She was no longer wearing the white suit that they had last seen her in, instead wearing a blue plaid button-up, a light jacket, and jeans.

Five pushed aside the corn as he gave Vanya a big smile. "Hi, Vanya."

"Who are you?" Vanya asked as she stood up, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Had Vanya lost her memory? That wasn't good. Great. Another problem.

"I'm your brother." Five took a step back and then gestured to Valerie. "That's your sister."

"I have a brother and a sister?" Vanya questioned, holding onto the cornstalks so they didn't snap back into place.

"Look, you can either stay here and wait for the IKEA mafia to come back to kill you, or you can come with us," Five said hurriedly before turning around and heading back towards where they had first arrived.

"Wh-why are they trying to kill me?" Vanya asked as she followed.

"'Cause you're not supposed to be here, Vanny," Valerie answered with a sigh as they made their way through the extremely tall plants.