"You won't. We won't." Liz looks from Clary to Jace.

They all see a skull on the front door.

"I can do this." Clary tells herself.

"Yeah, you can. You're Clary freakin' Fray. You can do anything." Simon encourages.

Jace puts his hand out, holding Simon back. "All right, hold up."

"Surprise, surprise. No mundanes allowed, just like in the training room, right? Wrong! I've seen every horror movie ever made and the funny best friend who gets left behind... dead man."

Izzy laughs at Simon's burst.

"You're not that funny Salmon. But by all means, go ahead." Liz looks at Simon with eyes that could kill. Simon walks up to the door. "Of course, the minute you enter, you'll die."

"Problem is, now I don't trust you."

"She's not lying."

"Now. She was before."
The elder Lightwoods tell Simon.

"The rune energy in the City of Bones will kill any mundane who dares to enter, so, please..." Alec gestures Simon to enter the city of bones.

"The Brothers creep me out. I'll mind the mundane." Izzy takes Simon's hand in hers, looping it in his.

"Your sacrifice is noted, Izzy."

"Don't die of boredom sissy."
Jace and Liz joke.

"Talk about sacrifice. I'm missing a financial analysis class." Simon looks at Jace.

Alec points at Simon. "I can't be here anymore, so, Jace, I'm gonna mind the perimeter."

"I don't wanna leave you." Clary says to Simon at which Liz rolls her eyes.

"Go be a badass Shadowhunter, all right? Get your memories back, save your mother. I'll be right here... guarding the entrance to hell."

Clary and Simon hug.

"Clary, you don't keep the Silent Brothers waiting." Jace urges her.

"You got this." Liz puts her hand at the small of Clary's back, guiding her.

Izzy looks at the girls. "They're getting to be quite the team. Amusing."

"No, not really." Simon shakes his head in denial.

Liz, Jace and Clary walk down some stairs. It looks like a dark dungeon. To create more light, Jace activates a stone with light in his hand.

"What is that?" Clary asks.

"It's witchlight. We carry it around to remind us that light can be found in even the darkest of places."

"And it's cooler than a flashlight. Here" Liz hands over her witchlight to Clary and points in the right direction. "You can have mine as your 18th birthday gift."

"You know my birthday?" Clary smiles widely at the girl.

"I've done my research" Liz shrugs with a small smile.

They walk up to a statue of an Angel, holding the Cup.

"Is that meant to be the Mortal Cup?" Clary asks.

"Yeah." "Yup." The other Shadowhunters reply simultaneously.

Clary shines the light over some writings on the sword; "Nephilim facilis descensus verni."

"What's that say?" she asks with her eyebrows scrunched together.

"It's the Shadowhunter creed-"