Year 5 - 7

Nearing to the end of the feast, Cassiopeia looked over to the Ravenclaw table to see Bridgit talking to Luna who was very much enjoying her pudding. She then looked further down the Slytherin table to the new arrivals. Lyra sitting happily among them. The sorting had taken place and Cassiopeia had watched as Lyra walked to the stool. It wasn't a quick sorting, but she could tell that Lyra was listening intently to the hat. Draco had reached over and taken his girlfriend's hand as she watched in concern. But after she had heard the name of the green house come from the hat's mouth, her worry was lifted. She had cheered loudly with the rest of the table and had watched as her sister came over to the table. As if sensing her sister's gaze, Lyra looked up from her food to see her sister. Lyra happily waved and Cassiopeia returned the gesture. 'I'm so proud of you.' Cassiopeia mouthed to her sister, making Lyra's face light up with happiness. Cassiopeia gestured she talk to her friends before turning back to her own.

"We'll protect her, you know that right?" Draco spoke to her. Cassiopeia nodded.

"And that's why you're all great friends." She replied.

"Oh, stop. I don't think I could ever accept the compliment." Theodore replied, pretending to push long hair off his neck. "Please, keep going. This is doing wonders for my confidence."

"More like blowing up your already big head." Blaise commented into his ice cream. Everyone else, bar Theodore, sniggered. He opened his mouth to reply, but it was the moment that Professor Dumbledore stood from his chair.

"Good evening, students." He greeted, standing in front of his owl stand. All the chatter quietened into silence in order to listen to the headmaster. "Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank who'll be taking Care or Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker Mr Filch has asked me to remind you-"

"Hem hem." A voice cut him off. It was a clear fake cough, but everyone turned to the culprit. In complete shock and disbelief that she'd cut off Professor Dumbledore. It seemed that the teachers had the same thought as they looked to the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teachers in the same manner. The woman stood from the chair, and at this point Cassiopeia finally took in the woman. She was wearing all pink and looked like the personification of a raspberry. She was short and her stubby legs became clear as she walked around the table to address the Great Hall. Cassiopeia snapped her head over to Harry and saw him whispering to Hermione. Once he was finished he looked back to Cassiopeia.

'Hearing.' Harry mouthed, confirming her thoughts. She worked for the Ministry of Magic. One under William.

"Thank you, Headmaster. For those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling up at me." She began her speech. Cassiopeia looked around and saw that no one was smiling. "I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends."

"That's highly unlikely. I think I'd prefer to go and befriend a mermaid." Amelia commented to Cassiopeia, she covered her mouth to stop her from laughing.

"After meeting them last year, they're not the nicest." Cassiopeia replied.

"I'm sure it beats a walking raspberry." She replied, Cassiopeia covered her mouth and watched as Amelia had to do the same. The raspberry herself looked over to the girls for a moment before looking back to the crowd, almost making them laugh again.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each Headmaster has brought something new to this historic school. Progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved. Perfect what can be perfected. And prune practices that ought to prohibited." She finished her speech. She ended it with a little giggle before making her way back to her seat. Professor Dumbledore started an applause, which the students hesitantly returned.