Chapter Twenty - Those Three Words

Jacob's P.O.V

"I love you, Lilia," I say as we stare into each other's eyes. I can see how she's frozen and doesn't know what to say so I speak instead. "Look Lilia, I have never felt like this before and you do something to me that drives me crazy. I wanted to say it after I dropped you off after the date last night but I didn't have the confidence. I've been thinking about it this week and I am in love with you. You don't have to say it back, you don't have to say anything, but I am showing you my vulnerability and how I feel about you in case I lose you. So, Lilia Kelly, I am crazy, deeply in love with you."

She still stands there staring at me, I don't even know if she heard any of that. "Lilia? Are you alive?"

"I need air." She says as she snaps back into our own little bubble.

"Okay, great. Let's go get air."

"No, I need to get air on my own for a minute. I'm sorry." She says this then runs for the front door. I stand there thinking have I scared her off? Have I just pushed the one girl I actually cared about away?

Lilia's P.O.V

I get outside and the cold air hits me like a brick. I sit on a bench and try to wrap my head around what has just happened. Jacob just told me he loved me! He loves me! And I just stood there like the twat I am and said, I need air? What the fuck Lilia?! I put my head in my hands wrapping my brain around it all when I hear a voice saying my name, "Lilia?"

I look up and see Liam standing over me. "I saw you run out, I thought I would check up on you. He hasn't hurt you, has he? I'll fucking kill him!"

I giggle and pull him down to sit. He sits next to me and I lay my head on his shoulder. "Are you sure you're ready to talk to me about this?" I ask before I spill my guts out. "I can go find Morgan if you want?"

"No no, I miss knowing everything about you, so open the can and spill them everywhere."

I take a big deep breath and tell him, "Jacob said he loves me." He doesn't answer for a little bit then starts giggling to himself. "What's so funny?" I ask as I sit up to look at him.

"I know."

"You know he told me that?"

"No, I knew he loves you. You don't see the way he looks at you, Lilia. Like you're the only girl in the world. Like you can do no wrong. As if you could break his heart a million times and he'd still be at your beck and call."

"I'm confused. If you knew, why were you so against me seeing him?"

"I didn't want to lose my two best friends to each other." I put my head back on his shoulder and smile.

"I'm sorry but you're stuck with me for life." We just sit there when our attention gets pulled back to the door, "Lilia?"

I look and it's Jacob. "I'm sorry for chucking that at you and I should've waited to say it. Let's just pretend I never said anything and enjoy the night." I run up to him, jump in his arms and kiss him to shut him up. I pull back, "What was that for?" he asked with a smirk.

"I love you too, Jacob Black." A massive grin spreads across his face and he kisses me again.

"Okay love birds, enjoy your night, I'm gonna go get drunk now," Liam says and does a throwing up motion. We laugh and I'm lost in the moment with Jacob. "Do you wanna stay over mine tonight? We can go now?"

"What about your parents?"

"Oh, they don't care don't worry, and plus, they love you."

"They love me, do they?" I say playfully.

"Not like I do." He says with a smile. "Come on, let's get out of here. We'll grab some food too."

"You know me so well," Jacob calls an uber and I just stand there watching him thinking how have I got so lucky? And God please let this last at least for a little while.