"Hey loser!" Lottie laughed, practically pushing Harry out of the way in a completely oblivious attempt to hug me.

"Careful there," I warned with a grin as I reached for the kitten boy again. "You almost knocked down Harry."

"Let me through," my mum chuckled, leading Felicity up for a group hug with me. "I haven't seen my beautiful boy since Christmas and now it's January!"

"Hello Mum. Hello Fizz," I chuckled, hugging them back tightly. "Okay! Now that we've got the hugs covered, I need to introduce someone here so you'll stop ignoring him!"

All eyes fell onto Harry, who blushed and whispered, "Hi..."

"Don't be shy, love, they won't bite," I told him gently before continuing. "This is Harry. He's my boyfriend, so be polite to him yeah? Harry, this is my mum Jay, and my sisters Lottie, Felicity, Daisy, and Phoebe. Now girls, if you're mean, and I find out about it..."

My gaze fell to Lottie, one of the sassiest of the girls. She crossed her arms, "I'm only mean to you!"

"Hello dear," my mum said to him pleasantly, offering him a hug that he hesitantly accepted. "Do you live close to Louis?"

Harry glanced to me in slight fear before replying, "H-Harry... lives w-with Louis."

I watched as my family's eyes widened at Harry's speech. My mum was the first to retaliate, "Oh yeah? Were you guys together at Christmas? I don't remember Louis mentioning you then... surely you've been together awhile if you live together..."

"Kitten why don't you go inside and find Niall and Liam? Girls, will you help him?" I asked.

Daisy and Phoebe were first to react. Daisy grabbed an arm, and Phoebe lightly grabbed Harry's shirt to avoid hurting Harry's wrapped wrist. Lottie and Felicity reluctantly followed as I shooed them inside. I heard Niall greet Harry, and I allowed myself to momentarily relax and speak to my mum.

"Louis..." she began slowly. "How long have you known Harry?"

"About three weeks," I sighed.

"And how long has he lived in your flat?" she pressed.

"About three weeks," I mumbled.

My mum was silent a moment before she began, "I hope you're making the right decision... I mean, you're 21, I can't stop you... but I sure hope you aren't falling too fast into things."

"Have I ever brought a boyfriend to you before, Mum?" I sighed. "Harry is different. Usually I just talk about them to you guys... but Harry... Harry is... unique."

"Oh yeah?" my mum chuckled. "Unique enough to share a flat with? Do you share a bed, too? I know you only have a single bedroom flat..."

"Yes," I sighed, realizing how bad this sounded. "We do... but it isn't... it hasn't been like that."

"Harry doesn't push you for things you don't want, does he?" my mum asked suddenly.

"No!" I burst into giggles. "Oh God, Mum, no! Like I said! Harry is different! I mean... we were sharing a bed before we even kissed."

"Louis!"

"Will you please understand that sharing a bed does not mean that we've shagged!" I stomped my foot. Mothers. "We cuddle, alright? That's it!"

"Wait..." my mum said, holding up a hand. "Are you wanting to be sexually active and Harry just-"

"You need to stop assuming things," I groaned, covering my face with my hands. "You're going to scar my innocent mind." My mother scoffed at that and I continued. "Harry and I... well, I am still a young guy so clearly sex is generally a big thing for people around my age. And Harry and I will probably... or I hope probably... get around to it eventually. But for now... Harry and I will stick to cuddling. Harry's a really good cuddler."