There's a deafening applause, which makes me smile as I wipe a tear from the corner of my eye. I walk over to hug dad, who's in tears, trying his best not to show it though.

"I'm so proud of you." He says as we break away from the hug.

_____

"Yes Mr Yim, sure..." Dad walks ahead of me, towards the exit, he's been on the phone since forever, we've barely spoken and I'm so exhausted, these heels are killing me!

"Girl..." That's Maria, she's in charge of my wardrobe, makeup and hair, "two fucking awards!"

She mutters an apology after Dad gives her a warning look, he doesn't like me cussing or people cussing near me, I'm 19 years old for crying out loud! I can take a cuss.

"You are on fire girl," she sweeps her bangs behind, "lemme get some of that heat."

She gives me the tightest of hugs known to man kind, I can barely breathe...

"You're like a star now... Famous and all, your pics are all over this city. Look," she shows me the photos of myself on billboards, stadiums and famous places all over the united kingdom.

"Wow," I breathe out.

"It must feel awesome," she muses. "People knowing you everywhere, running when your car passes by just to get a glimpse of you."

When she puts it like that, it kinda sounds scary.

I sigh, "that's probably why I have Alan."

Alan is Dad's right hand man, and unrecognized best friend who's also my bodyguard, he was assigned that job 2 months ago because someone asked me for a selfie but instead, grabbed my hat in public and ran for the hills, not a good reason to have a bodyguard, I know, but my Dad is so paranoid.

"You're amazing, Roni," Maria continues, "you should be proud of that."

"Aww please shut up," I tear up, hugging her tightly. It makes her laugh.

"Now I got wardrobe duties, I'll see you later, superstar." With another humongous proud smile, she walks off.

"I'll speak to her manager and inform you by tomorrow afternoon," Dad continues his conversation with Mr Yim who's wanted to book me to sing at some event here in Europe for months but we've never had time to plan things out because of my busy schedule, "sure thing, have a great night."

Dad blows out a breath after hanging up.

"What did he want? Same old, same old?"

"No," dad shakes his head, "well yes, he wants to book you on behalf of his friend," he clarifies, "to be part of the world cup theme."

"Wait, wasn't the world cup like a month ago?"

"He wants you on he next one. It'll happen in four years."

"Booking four years in advance?" I burst out laughing.

What if my music will be shit by then?

"Yeah, he thinks your schedule might be too busy so planning in advance is better for him because after performing the theme, he wants you in Asia for a whole month."

"A whole month?" I echo, "why though?"

"I'll explain everything tomorrow baby, I'm exhausted, let's head to the hotel."

I nod in agreement,. following behind him.

"Aren't you two going to the after party?" Uncle Carl appears, coming towards us, "it begins in like 10."