Part Eight: Lonely Beds

ابدأ من البداية

Klaus sighed, she was mad, as she should he thought. He looked at her eyes and gulped, he was not even sure why he was there. "I heard Kol and Davina talking about a child-"

"My daughter? Yeah, Ophelia. It is not answering why you are here after eight years" Klaus scoffed and narrowed his eyes at her statement. "I want to see her Elena, that's why I am here, to see her"

and to see you, but he can't tell you that

"Mom" Elena's head darted to her daughters direction who ran to her mother. Little Ophelia had tears in her eyes and wiped them all quickly. She held her tightly, causing Klaus to smile secretly. "What's wrong baby?"

"I had a nightmare" Elena sighed and pressed her lips on her hair. Ophelia raised her head, trying to figure out who was he sitting in front of them. "Who is he?" She whispered to her mother but Klaus was able to hear as well. Elena looked at Klaus with uneasiness, not really sure how to answer her daughter. "He, he is Uncle Kol's brother"

Now little girl got excited, looked at her mother and the man sitting in front of them. "Is he my uncle too?" Young girl was so excited when it came to her family. Elena bit her bottom lip, closing her eyes so tears won't fall and her lips will not tremble. "No, no love he is not your uncle"

Little girl frowned this time, if he was not her uncle, he could only be her father. Her eyes widened and she tried to back up. Elena wrapped her arms around her and kissed her head assuringly. "Hey, hey he won't hurt you I promise. He wouldn't hurt you"

Ophelia looked at the man in front of her, she was still hesitant. Why was he here, she knew how the families worked, sort of, there was a mom and dad with kids. However for her it was her mother, her uncle Jeremy -even though he was not around usually, going on hunts- and her aunt Katherine and for the last five years also Enzo. Kol was visiting once in two months and that was all, no father at all.

"He wanted to meet you" Elena smiled to her daughter, sadly much that hurt Klaus. He smiled to his daughter who just continued to look at him. Elena sighed and kissed her daughter's cheek. "You can talk to him" Ophelia looked at her mother as she gripped Elena's shirt. "Are you my father?"

Klaus nodded and pursed his lips, hoping he could get some kind of reaction. She continued to look at him warily, still holding her mother's shirt. "Where were you?" It seemed like an innocent question from a curious kid, but that was something he could not answer. Ophelia didn't really cared about his answer. "Other kids have father, I don't" He swallowed the knot in his throat. Elena closed her eyes and bit her lip again, she hated what he was putting them through. "You have a father sweetheart"

Klaus was amazed by Elena's words, how she was not holding any hatred, or never showing it to her daughter, to their daughter. "His name is Klaus, and he is your father" Ophelia looked at her mother, asking her permission silently. "You can talk to him baby" Ophelia got into her feet and walked to her father. "Hello sweetheart" He used the name Elena was using, making Ophelia smile slightly. Elena's lips formed into a smile as the little girl finally walked to her father. "Is your name really Claus? Like Santa Claus?"

Elena could not help but giggle, making Klaus look at her with amusement. When their eyes met, it was like fireworks inside of their hearts. She was quick to recover but still with a smile remaining. He looked at his daughter with amazement. "No, no sweetheart. It is Klaus, with K" Little girl nodded but she looked like she was slightly disappointed with the fact that his name was not Claus. "Were you with your family?"

Klaus gulped with uneasiness and Elena sighed, they were at the same point again. "I know some parents divorce, Jaden's parents are divorced too. But his mother has another child and married with another man" Elena gulped, yeah she knew about Jaden. He was a warlock and his mother had abandoned him. His father was usually not around when he was needed, Jaden was not the best example. "Do you have another family? Do you have another child like Jaden's mother?"