Chapter 8: The library

[Third person POV]

Yet, it was just another day of Hoshiko visiting the school's seventh wonder. The girl was standing next to one of the sinks as the boy was sitting by the windowsill.

Hoshiko: And that's why arson is illegal

Hanako: Hey, we've been talking for a while now.. Do you know what time it is?

Hoshiko pulls out a tiny watch from her pocket to check the time

Hoshiko: It's almost 4 pm. Why'd you ask?

Hanako: I have a meeting at four with the school wonders. I guess I better get going now.

Hanako hops off of the window and fixes his hat as he walks towards the door. He turns back to Hoshiko as he remembers something.

Hanako: Oh by the way, if Yashiro ever comes, kindly inform her for me okay?

Hoshiko: You can count on it!

The girl enthusiastically agrees, holding her thumb up as approval.

She stood there waiting for Yashiro to eventually come when she heard tapping. It sounded like someone was running towards the bathroom. She sat by the window and waited assuming that the person would walk inside.

But the loud, heavy tapping suddenly stops. She wondered why and decided to investigate.

She peeks through the bathroom's door to see Kou being blocked by a man, presumably, a teacher.

Teacher: Some of our students are having complaints about a boy entering the girl's bathroom. Mind to explain?

Kou: Wh- I know it looks bad but I have a really good reason for it!

"So… that's what this is all about"

Hoshiko stood by the doorway snorting at the situation Kou was in. A few moments later, Yashiro walks in on them. She asked about what was happening and tried to help.

Kou: Come on! Let me through! I'm doing this to save the school. Isn't that right senpai?

He looked at Yashiro hoping she would side with him…

Yashiro: Uhh… He has a point Kou-kun. You shouldn't be walking in and out of the girl's bathroom.

Kou: Not you too senpai!

This made Hoshiko burst into laughter and tears. She laughed so loud that she got Yashiro, Kou and even the teacher's attention.

When she realized there were people looking at her, she stopped for a moment.

"Wait…he heard me?"

She caught a glance of the man's face. He had white and dark purple hair and was wearing a pair of glasses. Hoshiko looked surprised when she realized who it was.

The man quickly turns back to the students. He looked at his watch and noticed the time.

Teacher: I have to attend a meeting now. Stay out of the girl's bathroom Minamoto-kun!

He jolted away with haste heading to wherever.

Hoshiko stepped out of the bathroom's doorway.

Hoshiko: Well, that was really weird

Kou: What are you doing here? How long have you been standing there?!

Kou asked as he pointed his finger at the girl

Hoshiko: Haha! It's nice to see you too Goldy. I'm just here to leave a message from number 7. He said that he has a meeting to attend to.

Yashiro: A meeting?