"Yeah I know, you got work later?"

I nodded, "yeah , 3 - 11,"

"Well I know she stay at the rink with Rome and his boy Keith, I'm pretty sure Ryan roll with them too,"

Rome is like a brother to me, we been waiting forever to graduate together. Him and Keith are mad close and Keith and Ryan are cute as hell. I'm proud of the boy Keith for settling down. Maybe he could talk to Normani for me.

I'm not sure where her heads at and I don't wanna drop everything for her, plus I just wanna get to know her some more. She always seemed so tense, maybe it's cause of me when I'm around, or because she's always stressed.

"You know when they goin to the rink?" The rink is basically a cascade, I know I was gonna go up in there looking like a damn fool because I can't skate for shit.

"I think on Sunday,"

"Cool, ion have work on Sunday's, talk to Rome about it for me.. pleaseeee," I smiled real big

"Yeah yeah , but you better do something about Miami's crazy ass,"

"I will I will," I'm not sure if I lied or not.

"Ight I love you meg, I'll call you tomorrow,"

"Love you too lani," we hung up.

{-}

My dad wasn't home so I was by myself and it was late when I got home. I put majority of my tips on the kitchen counter and wrote for food on a piece of paper. I stripped my clothes off and got into the shower. My ass was exhausted. I took a long warm shower and after I finished that up I put on some clothes so I could rest.

Caresha called me.

"Damn," I grunted as I answered the call.

"Hey bae,"

"Miami, we gotta talk okay?

"What's up?" She asked as she set her phone up
"Look and before you say anything I want to apologize for being an asshole the other night about Normani and stuff,"

"I appreciate that C, but really think it's best for the both of us if we're not together like that anymore. We're two different people, way different than we were freshman year," I began to ramble

"This about her?.. Cause Megan you know you mine, regardless of how much you deny it,"

"Caresha, I'm serious. No more kissing and holding hands. Just friends okay? Plus I know you been fucking other people,"

"I don't wanna just be friends and I apologized about him too," she mumbled

"You not good for me C, we not good for each other. I think that you're not in a good space for yourself either," I tried to explain

She sucked her teeth.
"Bullshit, you just wanna fuck that bitch,"

"Caresha don't speak on her like that, and it's not even about her, this is about you,"

"Megan we been through it. Hell and back and you actually gon leave me for someone you're not even sure can love you? Are you serious right now? I went through a lot of shit for you to be fucking alive right now,"

I exhaled
"We're not who we were before Caresha. I love that you helped me through everything and I've been there for you but this isn't what it was,"

"An innocent girl like her is not gon love someone as damaged as you. Bye Megan," 

I rested my phone on my bed and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath. My mind started racing. Maybe she was right.