XIV. Seeking Answers

Start from the beginning

Mon Cala could be a great source of supplies for our system and Mandalore's. Not only that, but they have a strong army and great influence on the Mid Rim. Freeing that planet could solve a lot of our problems right now, especially if Ragnar is successful with finding the Empire's hidden resource. We may have another fight on our hands and the Mon Cala army would be very helpful.

"Contact Jax as well as the other governors. Ask if they have any ships and soldiers to spare, it doesn't matter how few. Any amount could make the difference."

Han nods, then he gives me one of his signature grins, though it doesn't reach his eyes. These struggles and battles have taken their toll on us all, even someone as 'go with the flow' as Han. "I do have some good news for you. Bail Organa says Alderaan has made great progress in liberating Hosnian Prime. He said they only need a little more aid and then the planet will be free."

That is good news. "Denova and Ferros have just finished up on Onderon, so tell Governor Keres and Governor Allerick to go aid Alderaan. If they free the planet and Mon Cala is still in the Empire's grasp, then send Hosnian Prime, Alderaan, Denova, and Ferros there. It's imperative we get Mon Cala freed."

Han gives a small nod. "Anything else?"

I let out a sigh through my nose, rubbing at my eyes in order to ease their dull ache. I haven't been sleeping well lately, not with everything going on, not with the threat of the Emperor looming over me and everything I care about. "No, that's it."

I feel a hand grip my shoulder, and I open my eyes to see Han standing above me. "It will be alright, Jay." He doesn't sound entirely confident, but I still appreciate the sentiment.

"Thanks, Han." And I genuinely mean it. Having him and my other friends here to help me makes times like this much easier to bear.

He winks, squeezing my shoulder before letting go, taking a step back towards the doors. "Anytime, kid."

As Han exits the throne room, I let out a long exhale, and mutter aloud: "Let's get this over with."

I get up out of my throne and sit down on the floor in the middle of the room, crossing my legs. Luke puts the child back in his levitating pod and then joins me. Leia does the same. We take each other's hands, shutting our eyes, then Luke walks Leia through how to do this.

"Clear your mind, reach out with the force, let it guide you."

Leia nods, clutching my hand tighter. The three of us then sit in silence, reaching out, seeking out a dark presence in the force, the cold, lifeless feeling that always accompanied the Emperor. Usually when I search through the force it feels like wandering through an endless void, like trying to find something so small in an area so vast you can't even fathom it's distance. One would think someone as dark and evil as the Emperor would be easy to find even in such an expansive galaxy...but I sense nothing. No sign of him.

"You guys sense anything?" I ask, not opening my eyes.

"Nothing. Leia?"

"Nope, but that could also mean I wasn't doing it right. I've never done this before."

I finally open my eyes and kiss the back of her hand. "You did fine, sweetheart. His presence must be clouding our vision. Dad told me that sometimes that can happen to a Jedi."