13. "Ek lardka Aur Lardki Kabhi Dost Nahi Ho Sakte."

Start from the beginning

"Yes. You will. Kyuki apan authentic Hyderabadi meal khane jaare." I tell, glancing at her through the mirror. She had a cute scowl on her face, as her eyes caught me looking.

"Let's just skip dinner, please?"

"Can't," I say, starting the engine and driving out onto the road.

"Kyuuuuu?"

"Jab Ayan uncle poochinge merese 'Meri beti ko bhukha kaisa rakhe?' To mai kiya jawaab du unku?"

"Arey, toh I will came to your rescue, saying 'Nahi, papa. Aapku kiya lagta hai Hitler aysa karinge mere saath? Wo aysa nahi karsakte. Balke isse bura bhi kare mere saath."

Allah! Phir shuru hogai ine! I groaned internally.

"Nai karinge na dinner!" She pleaded.

"Imran, gaane lagao yaaro. Nai sunti ine." I tell Imran, paying no heed to her words.

"Hitler!" She huffed, crossing her arms, and slumped back into the seat. We drove in relative silence, with the music flowing in the air. No one said a word, probably too tired from the events of today.

It was a day spent well. Very well. I'd never thought I'd enjoy it as much as I did. We'd been to Chowmahalla Palace first, spending a good 3 hours there. Exploring, taking pictures, and pulling each other's legs every chance we got. Then, we had gone to have lunch at a restaurant in Jublee Hills, and after that drove over to Makkah Masjid.

I felt she would enjoy it, keeping the heritage and culture thing she'd asked from me. And she did. Sealing the day, I had taken them to Hussain Sagar Lake and the island as a bonus.

'This is a mini Liberty island! Just like the one we have back in Jersey.' She had exclaimed, twirling around. Her floral cardigan swaying with the wind while I chuckled at her level of excitement.

Koi itna enjoy kaisa karsakte? I wondered.

Making a left onto the quiet lane of her house, I stop the car in front of Muqam-e-Ibrahim. Turning in my seat I glance at her sleeping form and sighed softly.

Allah! Sogai ji billi meri.

"Saira," I call, gently tugging at the sleeve of her cardigan. And wow, she didn't even stir.

"Saira," I try again, raising my voice slightly.

No response.

"Junglee billi."

Uh-huh

"Saira bint Ayan Malik."

Ghore ghade bech ke sogai ine!

"Saira!" I jerked her arm roughly towards me. She hummed in response, a frown forming on her forehead.

"Saira utho."

"Kyu?" She mumbled.

"Kyuki ghar aagaya," I say softly, waiting for her to make a move but no avail when I heard her snore.

"Saira!"

"Kiya hai?"

"Utho ji!" Leaning forward, I roughly shake her arm, making her wince and finally open her eyes. She blinked slowly sitting up and glanced at me with a confused expression.

"What are you doing in here?" She asks narrowing her brows.

"You are in my car," I say dumbfounded.

"Kiya?!" She jolts up in her seat causing her to collide her head with mine.

"Owww!"

"Kyu takrare aap mujhse?" She asks massaging her forehead.