Chapter 5: I'm Not Gonna Make It

Start from the beginning

He left silently and I snuggled into my pillow, drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

I woke up a few hours later to someone crawling into my bunk. I saw brown and blonde hair, Jack, and figured this was supposed to surprise me so I decided to humor him by pretending to be asleep. I shut my eyes and made my breathing as even as I could while Jack banged against the wall trying to fit between me and it so I moved over slowly to give him room.

As Jack lay down he breathed a small sigh of relief and draped an arm over my stomach- pulling me into him. He smelt my hair and then tucked it behind my ear. He kissed me ear, then my cheek.

I felt his warm breath over my ear and it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. "Evening gorgeous," He whispered into my ear.

I pretended to stir then opened my eyes to meet his. "Hi," I said softly.

He gazed at me, his eyes were filled with admiration, for what I don't know, but it made me feel like the only girl in the world under his gaze. "Hello." He said back, a small smile gracing his face. He kissed me on the lips softly, but quickly. "I woke you up so you could go get ready for the club we're going to."

I nodded and gave him a small smile as I hopped out of the bunk and walked to the junk bunk to grab my suitcase. I pulled the curtain back and heaved out my purple case. I rummaged through it until I found what I was looking for: a black tight dress, showing off my minimal curves, that went down to mid-thigh with ¾ length sleeves made of delicate lace. The lace also trailed down the side of the dress making it almost transparent if you stared through the pattern of the lace. I also grabbed black stiletto ankle boots with a shiny gold zip running along the back.

I walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I slipped off my pajamas and slipped on the dress. I slipped on skin coloured tights underneath the dress to make my legs look shiny. I then proceeded to slip on the boots and then began on my hair and makeup.

For my hair I split it into 2 layers. The bottom layer was curled and the top layer was pinned back behind my head coming down in a ponytail form which made both the curls and my straightened bangs pop out.

I decided to go simple with the makeup as I'd likely be dancing and I didn't want it all to run off. I put a blob of foundation 2 shades lighter than my actual shade on the back of my hand and began to dab it all over my face and then rubbed it in. I put concealer over any blemishes and then put very pale, almost white, powder over that. Once I was satisfied with my smooth looking, porcelain pale skin I moved onto my eyes. I put my kohl eye pencil all around the rim of my eyes to make them look like they've been outlined from the inside. I then put on a nude coloured eye shadow on my lid and some black lash-lengthening mascara. I put bronzer on my cheekbones to make them stand out more against my pale skin and filled in my eyebrows slightly, I don't go overboard like some girls I just want them to look decent. I put on grey lipstick and after bumping up the curls one more time and spraying more hairspray on I left the bathroom satisfied with my appearance.

I walked back into the bunk room to see Jack standing in black skinny jeans, black converse and a plain grey shirt on with a leather jacket. We took a picture together, his arm around my waist in front of a mirror and we posted it to our instagrams. I had forgotten all about Chris and his band until I walked back into the main room.

Everyone was sitting on the couches on their phones, or in Galaxy's case on the table, but all movement in the room stopped when I walked in.

"You look beautiful." Alex said proudly like a big brother would. "Stunning." Rian added. Zack nodded in agreement. "I feel like a father watching his child go off to prom," Alex joked and pretended to sniffle and wipe his eyes.

I rolled my eyes and shoved him playfully, causing him to feign a hurt expression which made me giggle.

I received compliments from the rest of my band and Chris' band were staying quiet, either for my head or due to the shock of seeing how much I'd changed un 8 years, and we headed out the door after I packed some Tylenol in my purse incase my head gets bad again because I am going to be spending a whole night with these men who I want to remember.

We walked for about 10 minutes, I was hand in hand with Jack and my head was rested on his shoulder as we walked. He kept running his fingers over my knuckles and I felt the tingle from where his skin was last in contact with. Each time he did this I shivered. The short guy kept glancing at us, but I shook it off; it's understandable that they're overwhelmed to see me too.

We soon entered a club with a great atmosphere. The speakers were blaring Slipknot: Duality which I am not complaining about. Galaxy shot me a look that said: 'if this is the sort of music this club plays we gonna be dancing all night.' I nodded and smirked and then looked up at Jack who had been giving me that same look as in the bunks. I smiled and lead them all over to a big table big enough to seat 16 people.

We all sat down and I was inbetween Jack and Alex. Jack was having a conversation with Flame and Alex with the guy with a shaved head and massively stretched ears. I looked straight ahead to see the short guy staring at me again. When he saw me looking he blushed and quickly looked away. He wasn't staring as much as he was studying me though.

After a while of different conversations with different people I got up to go get a drink and I saw the guy from before lead some girl outside, not sure if it was to smoke or what, but I felt something bubble in the pit of my stomach and I felt immediate hatred towards that woman. That confused me a lot more as I don't even know the guy.

"You used to have a massive crush on him you know?" I heard a voice beside me and I jumped to see Chris staring at the door too.

"Did I?"

"Yeah and I think he had one on you. Not that he'd ever tell me because he wouldn't want me to go all protective big bro on him."

I laughed at this. "Chris c'mon you and I both know you wouldn't hurt a fly." He looked at me shocked maybe for actually speaking to him or for remembering who he really is. "What?" I asked softly. "It's not like I don't remember you."