"You know what I meant."

She rolled her eyes, grabbing a pair of socks out of the laundry basket. "To answer your question, yes I can braid Harmony's hair. It'll have to be next weekend, though."

"That's fine. How much?"

"What size does she want?"

"Ion know. Just do them regular sized." He shrugged.

"Medium?"

"Yeah, that." Zealand nodded.

"What's your budget looking like?" Xavia asked.

"Just throw me a price, Xavi. Don't try to cut me a deal either. I'll pay whatever." He told her.

"But-"

Zealand gave her a look, making her close her mouth.

"Fine. $100"

"Nah, make it $150. Harmony got a lot of hair." He told her.

"Zealand.." She said in a warning tone.

"Xavia." He said, using the same tone.

Xavi sucked her teeth. One thing about Zee was that he always had to be difficult.

"You get on my nerves."

"Okay, and you get on mine. What's new?" He shot back, making her scrunch her face up.

They both stared at each other, before busting out laughing.

"I'm just playing." He said in a softer voice.

"I know." Xavia said back.

A bang on Zealand's bedroom door made him jump from being startled. His eyes looked from the phone to the door. "Hold up, I'll call you back." He said quickly.

"Oh, oka-" The call was ended before Xavia could even get her words out completely.

A confused look flashed across her face. Shrugging it off, she placed her phone on the charger and continued to fold her clothes.

••

Hailey sat on the couch at Ms.Patty's house, feeding her nephew some applesauce. "Is it good stankabutt?" She asked him, tickling his belly. He giggled, clapping his hands together.

"How was your first day?" Her twenty three year old sister Renni asked as she dusted their grandmother's coffee table off.

"It was alright." Hailey shrugged.

"Just alright?" Her sister looked over at her.

"Yeah, I mean I don't know anybody yet. The only person I had to talk to was Zealand."

"Zealand.." Renni repeated. "Oh, that little girl Harmony's brother?"

"Yeah, with his fine ass."  Hailey smirked, licking her lips.

"Isn't he a little nerdy? You usually like them rough around the edges type of niggas."

"So? I'll still snatch him up." She said, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "Long as that fat girl don't get in my way."

"What fat girl?"

"This girl that did my hair. Remember when I had those red bundles in?"

"Yeah. What does she have to do with anything? That's his girlfriend or something?" Renni asked.

"Nah, but when me and him were sitting together at lunch, she came over there looking all salty and shit. I can tell she likes him."

"Well, what if they get together before you can get to him?"

Hailey scoffed, "Trust me, that won't happen. I mean, how could Zealand pass up on all of this-" she paused, running her hands down her body. "Just to get with her. I'm sure he doesn't like hippos anyway." She laughed.

Renni laughed as well. "Girl, shut up. You dumb as hell. You never know, men these days love them some BBWs."

Hailey pressed her lips together. "Mhm, we'll see about that." She mumbled, bouncing her nephew up and down on her lap.

TBC...
______________________

Uh oh..

Thoughts?
Excuse any mistakes.