The Light Has Returned

Comenzar desde el principio

"Colton...." My jaw drops as soon as Colton mentioned his no purpose to come back home, "It's home... And you're family. Why do you have to become the chosen one to be able to come home? Can't you see that we all missed you when you were gone and want you with us?"

"Does Wren want me home?" The question hangs in the air like a balloon waiting to be popped from the pressure inside, "Does he?"

Every one stays silent, looking down at the ground. The tension between the twins was left hanging in midair, left unsolved and untouched. Wren hardly ever talks about Colton, his older twin; it's like a subject he always tries to avoid. I think a part of Wren feels really guilty for being in love with me and having to hurt Colton the way he did, to have me. Even though Wren never let it surfaces, he loves his older brother and wants the best for Colton, and is willing to give anything for it, anything but me. Every one knows how unfair it is for Colton to take a part being my fiancé only to walk away and let his younger twin take his spot. The whole situation has made Colton the victim and the broken one, and I some what despite myself so much for it.

"Come home for dinner today, at least," Macy sighs, "You can personally ask him yourself."

"Yeah, Grandfather and Zach would want to see you," Eli looks over at Colton, "Dude, every thing is so awkward at home."

"Wren hasn't been coming to school at all?" Colton asks, "Is he just going to drop out?"

"He's getting tutored privately at home." I answered. Sometimes, when Wren is not at the company, he's home, in the study room, getting tutored by the old Mr. Park, he's often frowning, I don't think I have ever seen him smile the few months I've known him.

"That's good, I suppose," Colton sighs, "Mace, Mom wants us home this weekend. You and Wren, both."

"Home?" She looks like she has never heard of such a term, "We haven't been home in years."

"Yeah, that's why she wants us home," Colton says, "You know, you still have a family there."

Macy falls quiet for the rest of the time we spend together at lunch. When the bell goes off for the last class for the day, every one heads off to class while Colton stands by the door frame, looking at me as I pack all my books into my arms.

"What are you looking at?" I narrow my eyes at the handsome GQ-looking model standing at the door, smiling at me.

"I'm just enjoying my view," He grins widely, "I missed you, that's all."

As Colton sweet talks, I'm nearly forgetting what he had said to me a few weeks ago at the convention center, about letting him go. Has he forgotten? Or are we both just pretending to purposely avoid the painful subject of hurting one another with our absences in each other's lives. Walking to class together, I feel like there's a unspoken drift in our relationship and it feels awful.

"We'll talk some more tonight, okay?" He smiles as we approach my class, "I promise."

"You won't leave again... right...?" The feeling of missing a part of me while Colton was away, was unmanageably painful and... hollow. Without Colton, I didn't know who to go to when I was feeling unease and missing my old life. No one reminded me that I belonged here, at the Monrova's.

"Penn..." He sighs as he tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear, "We'll talk later, beautiful."

With that, Colton nudges me to the classroom, right before the last bell goes off.

I don't think I'll ever get used to saying this enormous room is mine, let alone this mansion, or the perfect family inside it. My life has been everything but ordinary this past year and I still haven't gotten used to it. Looking at the photo frames that contain the pictures of the Monrova's family and then the kids back at the orphanage, I realize the two worlds are my identity, and I have been so indulged in the new life that I'm nearly forgetting the other. I made a mental note to talk to Dad and Grandfather later tonight about visiting the orphanage sometime this week.

"Hey, there," The voice that I always long to hear brings my heart to its highest point. Turning around, I see a tired looking Wren, like usual, and his white shirt with the two top buttons undone, sleeves rolled up, looking like perfection. He smiles as he leans on the door and stares at me, taking a couple of my heartbeats with him as his lips pull into the words, "I missed you."

"Wren," I smile, running up to him, straight into his arms, the arms that always smell like sandalwood and pine trees, "I missed you..."

"I miss you, too, Pens," He wraps his arms around me and whispers into my ears, sending chills all over my body, "When you're not around, I'm like a dysfunctional mess. I feel like I can't breathe and I can't seem to do anything right without you around. What have you done to me, Pens..."

I smile at the thought of a restless Wren pacing around his office, thinking about me, "You look so tired... You're overworking yourself, Wren..."

"Recharge me," He smiles and cups my face, planting a kiss on my lips but instead of letting go, the kiss crashes onto my lips like a mad storm, a hungry hurricane. Wren pulls me closer to him and slowly move his hand up to play with my hair as our lips meet. Wren's kisses are hungry, always hungry, and they always feel so right. The feeling I get when Wren and I kiss is something I can't bring myself to explain, not even if I tried. When we kiss, it's like Wren is trying to claim his territory, trying to get to know my lips like the back of his hand and how I pull in and crave for more. Wren smiles as he pulls away for a quick second before coming back in and touch my lips, while I can still sense his smile.

His hand moves down to my waist then up my back as he whispers by my ear, "I want you, Pens."

With that, the kisses grow stronger and wilder, as Wren's lips follow my jawline then to the side of my ear, then make their way down the side of my neck. I let out a small gasp as Wren moves to my shoulder blade after pushing my pajama top off my shoulder his warm finger. Wren stops as he gets to my collar bones and just kissed them, with his tongue then his lips, before pulling himself away.

"Wren..." I look at him, not noticing how disappointed I feel because he stopped, "Did I do something wrong?"

"Of course not, Pens," He smiles a little, "You have no idea how much I want you..."

"Then what is it...?" I ask, kind of embarrassed at how desperate I must be sounding but I didn't care. I have never felt this way about anyone in my life. I have never felt so... hungry and wanting...

"Not right now," He sighs and kisses my forehead, "Not until you are officially a Vanderbilt. I want to make it the most special moment for the both of us."

"Have you..." I open my mouth to speak but my throat is dried, "Have you.... Done this...?"

"With another girl?" He looks at me with the most amused look, "Are you jealous, again, Pens?"

"No..." I look away, "I was just curious."

"Pens," He turns my face toward him, "There has never been anyone before you."

"That's impossible..." I bite my lower lip thinking about all the girls who must have thrown themselves at Wren, "There was Ella and probably a bunch of other girls."

"Yes, there were," He smiles, "But I never touched any of them. I never wanted any of them the way I want you, Pens. I have never kissed anyone but you. Never touched any other pair of lips but yours. I have never wanted anyone until you. Pens I have never even looked at anyone until the day you came to this house, when you were walking with Anne before you saw me looking at you."

"You were looking at me?" My eyes widen at the thought of Wren looking at me that day, the day he called me a commoner.

"Yes, ever since you came down the hall," He smiles again, "I have always looked at you, Pens, and I will always be looking at you."

Taking his hand, I smile before taking the both of us to the dinner table, where everyone is probably waiting. I can't wait to see Wren's reaction to Colton's presence at dinner tonight. The house will finally be whole and happy again.

Wren stops dead in his track and I look to where he's staring at to see the older Vanderbilt, eyes staring straight at his brother. Both of them are standing there staring at one another, as I stand in the middle, holding onto Wren's hand, by his side. Colton looks at us, then at our hands, closing his eyes before looking down at the ground then looking over at Wren.

"Dinner is ready." He says quietly before turning away and heading to the dining room.