James, the mother hen (J.P)

"Hey, prongs, look who is coming," Sirius dragged his syllables at the last word, looking at his best mate with a wide smirk on his face.

James looked up from his single piece of toast - healthy breakfast before quidditch, he said when the rest three of them gawked at him - to Sirius, who was wiggling his eyebrows then across the great hall to spot you in your mustard quidditch robes, grinning as you walked toward him.

Remus chuckled at his best friend whose hand immediately flew to his hair, making them even messier and adjusting his glasses, "Your drooling, mate,"

"Well, I have every right to drool seeing she is my girlfriend," James said cheekily, his focus slightly faltering from you towards his best friends rolling their eyes.

"Hello, Mr Potter," you greeted him, smirking.

"Hello, Ms (L/N)," he said, chuckling.

"You two are weird," Sirius muttered, looking between the two of you in disgust although his eyes held a shine.

"You're just jealous, pads," Peter mumbled.

"Hey!" Sirius glared at him and soon engaged in a nasty conversation that may or may not have cost the pumpkin juice.

"You ready for the match?" you asked James, raising your eyebrows and smirking slightly.

James' stomach suddenly churned anxiously. Now the matter is - he loved quidditch, he loved it more than anything but it was particularly hard for him to play against Hufflepuff ever since you became the captain of the quidditch team a year ago. You had always been a part of the reason why James loved quidditch, your moves and flexes made him much more drawn to you -smitten as Sirius would say- and one of the multiple reasons he finally mustered the courage to ask you out the start of the term.

You knew it, you knew how James felt playing against you, it was rather tough to play against...loved ones? Never have either of you actually muttered those three words to the other.

"Yeah," James said, his voice cracking in between.

You smiled softly, and winked, "Your gonna rock it,"

The two of you after the conversation in the great hall only met at the quidditch pitch.

"Shake your hands," Madam Hooch said, motioning you and James to do so.

A smile on both of your faces as your handshake was more than friendly compared to any other handshakes on the field.

The Hufflepuff and the Gryffindor teams were high up in the air, clenching the broom handles, waiting for the quaffle to release because this, after all, would determine the quidditch cup for the year.

Madam Hooch's whistle echoed through the air as the quaffle was thrown to the players. The whistles and hollers of the crowd were so much that it almost made the players anxious.

"The Gryffindor captain first caught the quaffle. You're doing great Jamie boy!" The commentary was given by, of course, Sirius. He was appointed as the temporary commentator after the previous one had a major injury after very strict instructions given by Professor McGonagall.

"Mr Black," McGonagall warned.

"Alright, alright. Minnie is getting mad," he quickly added, "Oh, look at that. (L/N) has the quaffle, she is flying to the goal. Now, come on, let your boyfriend win, will you?"

You flipped him off with one hand as you flew through the forthcoming Gryffindor team players, diving and serving.

"Woah! Hufflepuff scores one goal!" Sirius glanced at the parchment before him, "1-0, Hufflepuff to Gryffindor, very bad performance lions, I expected more," he shook his head as though in pity.