16. Medowville on the map

Start from the beginning

"Is this a coincidence or a setup?"

"Does this look like a coincidence to you? In the middle of nowhere?"

"Okay, a setup." Philip nodded and cast his eyes downwards as he carefully opened his chocolate.

"You're not wearing my bracelet."

"It's yours?"

"Yeah, mine."

"I removed it after I read the thing." Philip mumbled.

He didn't understand why he was set up for a 'date' with his crush that nobody except Carnel and maybe Cedric knew about.

"But I do carry it with me everywhere," Philip sat back on his heels as he dug inside his pocket.

Fletcher looked away and smiled and looked back at Philip.

"You seem to be in a good mood," Fletcher commented.

Philip was too busy staring at Flecter's face as he smiled.

He's never seen him smile like this before. At least not closely.

He noticed that Flether's eyes look lighter when he smiles. As if he had been waiting for this one moment all day.

"Philip," Fletcher waved his hand in front of Philip's face to grab his attention.

"Sorry, what was it?" Philip asked, biting into his chocolate and sitting across legged like Fletcher.

"Never mind."

"It's okay tell me."

"I said you look pretty."

He lied about saying it.

But he didn't lie about thinking that. Fletcher's just grateful he got to say it and see Philip blush for the second time that day. That too because of him.

"I'm not sure I know what to answer to that."

"A thanks would be nice."

"Thanks." Philip resorted to mumbling.

Fletcher liked seeing Philip happy. Even if it was just for a few minutes. He liked when the weeping boy's eyes looked clear and curious. He liked Philip's childlike persona when he wasn't crying.

"Philip?"

"Yes?"

"I want to confess something."

Philip nodded curiously, nibbling his chocolate and watched Fletcher set down the packet of Lays.

Fletcher inched closer towards Philip until his nose was slightly grazing Philip's.

"Are you okay with this proximity?"

Fletcher's minty breath fanned Philip's face.

Philip didn't have enough strength to move his eyes from Fletcher's.

"I'm taking that as a yes," Fletcher murmured and inched closer, resting his forehead on Philip's and closed his eyes.

"F-fletcher?"

"I like you."

"U-uh--"

"I've always liked you. I like seeing you fiddling with the locker. Even if you do it a thousand times on repeat, I'd still like seeing you."

Fletcher cupped his face with both his hands and opened his eyes, looking inside Philip's now teary eyes.

"I--"

"You would doze off on the yellow couch sometimes. You would scrunch your face like this."

Fletcher created a small frown on Philip's face with his thumb finger and erased it, smiling softly at him.

"You're someone I know."

It didn't take long for Philip to cry.

He'd always only imagined how Fletcher would tell him he likes him back.

And after a long time, reality was better than his imagination.

It was perfect.

Fletcher wasted no time in wiping Philip's tear covered cheeks.

"Can I hug you?" Fletcher asked softly.

Philip nodded, still crying and clumsily wrapping his arms around Fletcher's neck.

Fletcher wound his arms around Philip's waist and pulled him close, trying to let him that know he's got him.

But what of the outcome?

"Philip?"

"Hm?"

"Will you let me be there for you?"

~

Choco trying to contain their excitement after this chapter be like: