"yeah," he nodded "every past relationship of yours wasn't serious not because you weren't enough like you say. you would end it first. when i tried to explain the kiss with lily to you, i had to chase you around the hall! you're always scared of something!"

"and what do i have to be scared of exactly?" she asked, walking towards him

"of this!" he yelled, gesturing between them "of what's happening between us. you don't want to admit that you feel something for me because what? you're scared to get hurt? scared i'll leave?"

"and you've been doing such an incredible job of doing the opposite." she said sarcastically, turning back around "kissing lily-"

"i don't give a crap about lily!" he exclaims in frustration

"why not?!" she asks, facing him "she's beautiful isn't she?"

"n-"

"she's on the cheer squad," nini continued

"but-"

"she's probably a perfect girl so why don't you-"

"for god's sakes nini, she's not you!" he blurts out loudly in annoyance

nini felt her breath get caught in her throat and she shook her head with a scoff "don't say that. you brought her to homecoming-"

"you invited oliver to homecoming with the group too." he snapped

"so, what? it was just to spite me?" she questioned "or maybe you wanted to have another opportunity to shove it in my face about how you don't actually care, that it's just a facade you put up to make it look like you're not the bad guy." she told him, turning around to walk off

"do you want to know what i think?" he asks, making nini stop walking again and sigh in frustration "i think you're using the kiss with lily as an excuse because you know that what's happening between us is real."

she felt her heart stop and her eyes sting as she shook her head "you don't get to do that." she said, turning around "you don't know how i feel, you don't know what i think."

ricky took his phone out and turned it on, going through his camera roll before pressing on a screen recording he took of nini's post that she had deleted. the one of her song.

she looked at the phone, seeing it play but the rain drowned the sound of the phone out, and glanced at him

"so, you don't feel like this?" he asked

nini felt a tear roll down her cheek and she sniffled as she wiped it away, him taking a few steps closer to her.

"why did you record that?" she asked in a small voice

he shrugged his shoulders "i wanted to point out a few mistakes you made when playing the guitar,"

she looked at him and managed a weak smile on her face before it faded and she looked down, shaking her head as a few more tears fell from her eyes

"you're so frustrating." she sighs, wiping her face - though it was useless seeing as the rain was still falling.

"and you're annoying." he tells her, taking a step towards the girl

"you drive me insane." she added, looking into his eyes

"to the point of being completely crazy." he agreed, leaning towards her face, their eyes glancing down for a split second before she jumped into his arms and wrapped hers around his neck, pulling him closer to her and connecting their lips together as he cupped her face.

despite the cold from the rain, the warmth at the contact of each other surrounded them and it was a kiss full of hunger and passion; one that they had been needing for as long as they could think.

they pulled apart for air, breathless and exhaling deeply with their foreheads against each other's as ricky looked at her into the eyes, his fingers reaching up to wipe away a few wet strands of hair that was covering her face.

"daffodil." he whispered

she felt her heart skip a beat and she smiled uncontrollably, closing her eyes for a split second "daffodil."

he lifted her chin and pressed his lips to hers again, deepening the kiss as she pulled him closer to her before he pulled away for a split second

"or is it table-"

she sighed with a grin "really?"

"is it un-romantic?" he asked with a playful smirk

nini shook her head "you really can't help yourself can you?"

"no, not really," he replied proudly "thought you already knew that about me."

she hums as she leans in again, the two smiling widely against each other, not caring about the rainfall around them, only each other.