06. guilty

ricky looked into his locker to take his textbooks that he needed for the next two classes before shutting it, jumping when he saw gina, ashlyn and kourtney all standing there with their arms folded and a glare on their faces

"jesus!" he breathed "what?"

"don't play dumb ricky." ashlyn said

ricky raised his eyebrows and shook his head as he tried to walk past them, but the girls shifted to the side to block him, making him sigh

"what?!"

"what happened yesterday? after school?" kourtney questions

ricky squinted at them in confusion "uh-i was supposed to drive nini home?"

"yeah, but she told us she walked because you were being a jerk, so what did you do?" gina asks

ricky rolls his eyes "i don't have time for this."

"so help me richard tell us!" gina demanded as she stood in front of him before he could try and walk past her again

ricky sighed "we got into an argument and she got out of the car at a red light. what did you want me to do? abandon my car to rush after her?"

"um, yeah?"

"no." he said simply

ashlyn rolled her eyes "i don't get it. you guys got into a fight about something random but then she said it was my fault-" she stopped mid-sentence as the realization hit her and looked at ricky with the worst glare "oh you did not."

ricky raised his eyebrows "wha-"

ashlyn grabbed him by the arm and dragged him away into an empty classroom, leaving behind kourtney and gina completely confused as she shut the door behind them.

"what the hell ash?!" he groaned as she shoved him

"you know that nini's never kissed anyone?!" she whispered

ricky sighed "seriously?"

"ricky!" she exclaims

"what? it's not that surprising-ow!" he exclaims, reaching for his shoulder after ashlyn hit him

"ricky she's really upset! what did you say to her?"

"nothing! she was being annoying, starting a fight so i finished it. like always." he said simply "its always like this, she storms off or becomes all mopey and then the next day she comes back with quick and fiery insults and it goes back to normal."

ashlyn sighed and shook her head "not this time ricky. she's really upset about this one. you obviously said something and went too far with it because she didn't even come to school today."

ricky's face dropped slightly and he looked at the red-headed girl "wait really? she's never missed a day of school..."

ashlyn shrugged her shoulders "well, whatever you did, you better fix it. because i don't care about you both not liking each other anymore, i've accepted it. but the way you talk to each other is going to end badly at some point, and today shouldn't be one of them."

ricky watched ashlyn walk out of the classroom, leaving him alone to his thoughts as he groaned in frustration towards her for getting into her head.

"thanks a lot ash," he muttered