prologue

Ainsley's POV

I sat quietly in math class trying to work on the most recent assignment we had. The door whipped open and all the heads in the room turned to see who was coming in. He was tall, dark-skinned, dark-haired, muscular, tattooed, popular, smart, and everything all high school girls would want in a guy. As for me? Not so much. I knew him, and he wasn't worth a minute of my time, or of anyone's time at that. People just didn't see that. Everyone else sees him for his looks, but I know him for who he really is.

He was new to my school. He had just recently moved in about a block away from my house. We kind of knew each other, though.

He walked over to the teacher's desk, giving her a pass. She motioned for him to sit in the only empty seat in the room; the one in the back, right beside me.

He slowly walked back to the seat, his eyes on me the whole time. I tried not to meet his stare, but there was something captivating about it; something he was hiding deep in his eyes. I wanted to know what it was.

"Hi, Ainsley." He smirked.

"Hey." I stated, trying to focus on my work again. I felt his eyes still on me. "Can you stop watching me?" I whispered, not wanting to disturb anyone else's studies.

"I'm not watching you." He stated matter-of-factly.

I rolled my eyes, "Well stop staring, please."

"Does it bother you?" I looked at him, he still had a smirk plastered on his face.

"If I said it did, would you keep doing it?" I was ready for him to leave me alone.

He shrugged. I knew that meant he would. I just ignored him and kept trying to do the assignment. "Draw a triangle. It'll help."

"I don't want your help." I rolled my eyes.

"Suit yourself." He leaned back in his seat.

After a few minutes of trying to figure out the problem my way, I drew a triangle like Calum had said. I tried to hide my paper because I didn't want him to see that I actually did what he suggested; especially when it worked. I shoved the papers into my book and closed it, waiting for the bell to ring.

"There is still like 10 minutes, you might want to finish that assignment so you don't have to do it at home."

"I'd rather do it at home without someone watching me." I stated, clearly unamused and unsure of why he was trying to talk to me.

"What class do you have next?" He asked.

"English." I watched as he messed with his hair.

"Me too!" He smiled. I felt the urge to smash my face off the desk about 5 million times. I don't want to have every class with him, but with my luck, I would.

--

Heyy! This is what I have been working on for a few weeks. Hope it sounds good? I am looking forward to this story. I think it has a lot of potential. Thanks for reading! Will be updating soon. Drop your opinion in the comments below!

allie xx