𝐛𝐞𝐝𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬 | 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐲

Warm tears rolled down your cheeks as you hysterically cried into your pillow. This had been one of the worst months you've had in a while, and you couldn't hold in your emotions any longer.

The television's volume became muffled as your sobs got louder. You were just so tired of how overwhelming life has been recently, never giving you a second to stop and catch a deep breath. As much as you tried, you never felt like you were doing enough, yet it still seemed like you had the weight of the world on your shoulders.

Your thoughts were interrupted by your annoying ringtone, which wouldn't stop making noise after multiple tries to decline the call without looking. With an aching head, sore eyes, and partially gone voice, you turned to face your nightstand, peering at the glowing name. When you realized it was him, you quickly took a sip of water before putting the phone into your shaky hands and answering.

"H-Hey," you greeted, trying to hide the tremble in your voice.

"Hey baby, why do you sound like that?" Drew questioned, quickly seeing past your bullshit.

"Nothing, I'm f-fine. Have you reached the airport yet?"

Drew temporarily paused, only allowing you to hear his soft breathing. "Y/N, baby, I'm not going to ask again. What's going on?" He said with assertion in his voice. "I swear I'll turn this car around right now."

Why wouldn't he just let it go?

"Drew, I'm ok. You've got to catch a plane in 2 hours. Let me not distract you unless you called me for something urgent." You rambled, hoping to get this conversation to end quickly.

Netflix renewed your boyfriend's show for a second season, and the last thing you'd want is for him to miss his flight to North Carolina. You didn't mind him leaving for a couple months to shoot because his career was finally taking off and you're 100% supportive. Although, the whole long distance thing really sucks. Sometimes—like right now—you have to keep your anxious thoughts and suffocating emotions to yourself, so it doesn't cloud his mind. He needs to be at his best; focused on his acting dreams as he absolutely kills the role of Rafe Cameron on Outer Banks.

Once again, you hear Drew stay silent for a couple seconds. A few curse words slip out his mouth before he begins speaking to you. "Baby, I knew I should've said something, I'm so sorry. I've noticed that you've been kinda off recently, and I should've said something. I should've helped. Fuck."

"Drew, hey, everything's fine baby. You should enjoy your trip. The last thing I'd wa—"

"Sweetheart, I'm coming. Just hang tight." He interrupted, before hanging up the phone. Your eyes widened as you rushed to the window, just to see it still profusely raining. This was such a bad idea. The weather was only going to get worse and his flight would be delayed for the next 12 hours at least.

What if the executives think he's not serious? All because of me?

You tried his phone 3 times, trying to get him to change his mind, but to no avail. "Shit. Shit. Shit." You cursed as you paced around your messy room. Drew was screwing his career for you and you felt every ounce of selfishness.

After 10 long minutes, abrupt knocks could be heard from the front door. You sprinted downstairs to open the door, your heart rapidly thumping every step of the way. When you unlocked it, your eyes met with Drew's, which was full of guilt and regret. He was drenched from head to toe, bearing his suitcase in one hand and flowers in the other.

"These are for you." He weakly grinned, handing the soaked florets to you. He stepped inside one foot at a time, inviting a pool of water into your dry house. Before you could even open your mouth to speak, Drew sealed your lips shut with his, passionately sinking the both of you into a state of ecstasy.

An instant strike of lightning outside startled you both, causing each other to separate. "Drew, close the damn door." You giggled. "Are you trying to get us killed?"

He sheepishly grinned at you, examining your face. "Baby, you're smiling." He noted. "You're smiling." Drew gave you a soft peck on the lips and then attended to the opened door. In a matter of seconds, he threw you over his shoulder, holding the back of your thighs with his forearm as your head almost crashed into his back.

"Oh my gosh! Drew put me down right now!" You screamed, lightly hitting his back. "You're getting me wet!" All he did was laugh as he ran up the flight of stairs.

"We're going to talk about everything, baby. You're gonna let all that emotional shit out." He explained. As soon as he reached your room, he plopped you on the bed and started removing his clothes. Your eyes widened as he removed his sweatpants in one swift motion. "Hey, eyes up here. We'll talk after my shower, you horny freaky fuck." He teased, before throwing his wet sweats at your face and running into the bathroom.

Just by being in his presence again, you completely forgot about why he was even here. You were happy. Drew made you happy. He missed his plane ride to be with you, out of all girls in the world—but he was still sacrificing his career and that needed to be addressed.

After some time, Drew came out with a white towel wrapped around his waist, allowing you to view his toned body. He winked at you before entering your closet and finding some of his spare clothes he usually leaves over. However, you couldn't take the suspense anymore.

"So, what's your plan about North Carolina and OBX? Drew, you've been ranting about the show for months now. Should I search for plane tickets, or something?" You blurted out. "I know it's my fault that you missed your flight, just let me do something."

He let out a deep breath before turning around to cup your face with his hands. "Y/N, it's all good. They'll understand if we arrive a couple days late. If worst comes to worst, we'll just say it was a weather delay or some shit, don't worry." 

"Pause, did you just say we? As in like both of us?"

Drew shifted his weight from foot to foot, "Y-yeah, if that's ok with you and your work schedule. I know how much you enjoy your job in NYC, but I'd love to have you there, like every day. Baby, you can physically reunite with the cast, it'll be so much fun. As long as you're working remote it can work, yeah?"

You intently gazed back at his curious eyes, wondering if 6+ months on the road with the Outer Banks cast would be the best choice for you. He was right when he said you'll have the time of your life, but you really didn't want to abandon New York for more than half a year. However, this opportunity meant that long distance with Drew no longer had to be a thing, and you could be more transparent about your emotions since you guys would have face-to-face, deep and personal conversations.

"Baby, did I overstep or something. I'm so—"

"I'll go," You blurted out. "I'll go with you." A smile crept onto Drew's face and he started screaming while he ran around your room, occasionally jumping up and down. You laughed at his antics because he really looked stupid—I mean when does he not.

"Alright, emotions time!" He yelled, swiftly jumping onto your bed and pulling you against his warm chest. "Spill everything."

The next 3 hours consisted of you both being completely honest with one another about your true feelings and thoughts. It felt good to get things off your chest with Drew, as the conversation seemed to bring you guys closer together.

"Shit, what time is it?" He grumbled, reaching over to his phone. In big white letters it read: 4 am. Drew looked over to you, smiling as he acknowledged your drowsy state. He wrapped his arms around your waist spooning you, while closing any space between your bodies. Wet kisses were left on your exposed cheek before he put the covers on top of both of you.

"Y/N?" He whispered.

"Mmh."

"I love you so much, baby. I want you to never forget that." Drew promised with every bone in his body. You turned your neck a bit and gave him a slow peck on the lips, before turning back around and snuggling into him.

"I love you too, Drew Starkey."

________________________________________________________

I wrote this over the summer when season 2 of OBX came out, but my Drew Starkey phase is over lmao :)