Even the strong are weak at times

Everything is from Cardan's POV

This is a short one-shot, I hope you enjoy! :)

The High King Of Elfhame is walking back to his bed chambers, that he shares with Jude, when he notices its raining and thundering, a thing it rarely does in Elfhame. He doesn't know where Jude is or what she's doing, that's why he's surprised to see her on the floor, by the bed, with a pillow held to her chest. His shock immediately turns to worry. He runs over to Jude, who is now shaking and looks like she's on the brink of tears, and asks her, "Whats wrong?". He doesn't know what to do or say, so he just holds her and rubs her back, whispering reassurance. It's a while before she answers, but when she does she says, "Its a childhood fear." He almost starts laughing, but holds himself together for her sake. He just cant believe it. Jude Duarte, the fearless High Queen Of Elfhame, is scared of thunderstorms, THUNDERSTORMS, of all things. "You're afraid of thunderstorms?" He asks incredibly. Now Jude looks embarrassed, and he immediately feels bad. "You're one to talk," she says, and he knows what she's talking about. She's talking about how he doesn't like to fight, and how he was afraid his whole sorry childhood. The whole thing with the swords and fighting isn't really a fear he just doesn't like it, but it still hurts to hear her say it. He can tell she feels bad. "I didn't mean it like that," she tries to apologize, but he interrupts her. "Yes, you did. It's ok though, I guess I kind of deserve it for saying that. I'm sorry." "I'm sorry to Cardan." BOOM! Jude jumps in his arms, and starts shaking again. he pulls her close to him, whispering, "Shhhhh it'll be ok." For the rest of night. Eventually she falls asleep, and he moves her to the bed.Then he falls asleep, that's how they sleep, him holding her tightly in his arms. Protecting her.