eight

I wake up in my room, not havent realized i fell asleep.

   Memories of the day before flood my mind and my face flushes.

   I get up and stretch, letting my feet hang over the bed and swing them around.

   Turning my head, i look out the window behind me out of the corner of my eye.The window is foggy and it looks humid out.For once, i'm glad i can't leave the castle. I used to hate walking outside in the mornings and getting my shoes soaked with dirt and grass.I hated the feeling of wet socks, too.

   I turn my head back around and jump down off my bed, standing up.I walk over to my closet and change clothes.I do a little twirl and smile down at myself.I twirl again, but this time on one foot.I giggle, feeling like a ballerina.I look at the clock and decide it's not really the time to be playing around, since work is starting soon.My giggles die down and i fix up my hair(if you have any!if not, you're beautiful without it.), heading out the door and making my way downstairs.

   I step inside the kitchen with two other maidens."Wendy, Olivia." I bow."Good morning." They snap their attention towards me."Good morning Y/N." They say in unison before turning back to what they were doing.

   "What are we making the ladies this morning?" I ask, walking over to Wendy and looking over her shoulder."Human bacon and eggs"She says."we're still debating on weather we should make pancakes or waffles."

    I think for a second."Lady Daniela prefers pancakes, and to my knowledge the others don't mind either one." I respond."It's settled then, pancakes it is." I smile, happy to help."Alrighty then!" I say, getting to work.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
  We finish and start setting up the table.I place the food in its spot and line up next to the other girls while we wait for the ladies to arrive.

   Lady Dimitrescu then walks in, slamming the doors open.I jump a bit and the sudden and loud noise.I look down at my feet.Bela follows in after her, then Cassandra, then Daniela.

   It's kinda cute how they come in in order, I realize.I smile a bit.

They sit down and begin eating.Bela notices me and gives me a small wave.Her sisters look in the direction she's looking in and they notice me too.Daniela perks up and smiles widely, waving her arm around in the air.Cassandra smiles at me and waves too.I wave back and giggle softly.

Their mother looks in my direction too and she raises a brow.

"What's the fascination with that maiden, girls?" She asks, putting a hand over her mouth as she chews her food.

Bela flinches."Nothing moth-" Daniela cuts her off."Shes very good at singing mother! And she can play the piano!" She says giddily.Cassandra's face lights up at the memory."Yes mother, she's very talented indeed." She agrees with a smile.

I feel my face heat up as i blush.The floor is suddenly incredibly interesting.

"Mm." Is all she says before turning her attention back down to the food before her.The girls do the same but now with large smiles spread across their faces.

I look next to me to find Wendy and Olivia staring at me with their mouths agape.I quietly laugh out of nervousness.
.
.
.
.
The ladies finish their meal and exit the dining room.I sigh, letting out a breath i didn't even know i was holding.

Silence fills the air as i slowly look to the right.

The girls are staring at me."Okay, what was that?" Wendy whisper yells at me.

"I-I! Um-" Olivia chimes in."You have to tell us—what the hell happened?"

I sigh again."I couldn't sleep so i went to the library to go find something to do.Lady Daniela was there and asked me to play for her and then she asked her mother to let me have a day off.She accepted and then she dragged me into the opera hall and asked me to play there.I did, and her sisters walked in.that's it." Their mouths hang open again.