Chapter 2

Ying Yue POV

Our company had officially decided that only two trainees from Starship would be competing in this big competition. So, each one of us competed for three weeks until it came down to me and Chen Yichang since our CEO and Teachers saw the best in the both of us.

Once we were announced as the competitors to represent Starship in Idol Producer lots of our senior artists visited us during practices and helped us out with pointers on what to fix our dance routine and performances for our auditions.

Even Monsta X's Shownu came by one day to help us out when we were having difficulty with our dance performance since we had decided on our song selection last second. He helped us all the way until 2am with each move and all our small details that we were missing. Though he even ended up buying us tteokbokki and chicken with boba drinks as soon as we finished our practice it was so unexpected for us.

But he explained, "I've been in your position where you go on a survival competition as a trainee and its not going to be easy at all but don't worry because you have all of us supporting you two here at home."

"Okay girls you got this" our Manager explained to us as we arrived at the location of the site. She has always been there for us since we entered the company but now, we will be on our own from now on for the next 6 months.

We practiced hard for this moment let us not give up until we know we have given it our all then and only then will I give up but until that day comes, I will keep striving for a better version of myself...

"Let's go Ying Yue they are taking us to the waiting room before we begin auditions and before we get to see what other trainees are here to compete with us." Yichang said as she walked in front of me fixing her outfit, they designed for us to wear.

Our company decided for us to have specially tailored clothing for our performance to give a good first impression of how coordinated we are...but I don't blame them first impressions are especially important, and I feel glad that they even gave us the shot to be here now...

"I'm going Chang" I rushed towards her. Handing my backpack to my manager as she had told us she would go by our dorms to leave our stuff with the staff there instead, so we won't be late here at the studio.

"Just breathe Yue it's only the first day of Idol Producer we got this" Yichang explained to me as soon as she saw the look of worry on my face when I was next to her.

Realizing how I looked at her I tried to relax a little bit more so that way I can focus on what we have coming up in a few more hours.

It shouldn't be long from now since the last time we checked the time there were only 4 hours left before the official program began...

"Don't be nervous for this Ying we practiced hard everyday to go for our dream, let's not give up just yet." She looked at me with a smile on her face and I could not help but return a smile back as we walked into the square building.

I just hope my confidence level stays up for when we begin our performance stage since right now, I'm feeling a little more nervous than usual...

When we got inside a staff member led us to our waiting area. They explained to us that almost everyone is here, and we will begin the show soon, once we heard that our nervousness was slowly creeping up. We grabbed each other's hands and got into our room which had yummy snacks that we would eat at our dorms back in South Korea.

"Do you think any of the big three companies will be here to compete against us Chang" I looked at her with a nervous smile. Just knowing that we'd meet trainees from some of the big companies from different agencies here in the program was slightly exciting to know, since we never got to talk to or meet trainees other than the ones in our company before.

She turned to see me and came sat down. "If they are here then that's fine, they have their own talents and we have our own to show so trust me we got this, we will both pass and get all the way to the finale together." I felt her hands pat mine and it calmed me down a little bit.

That's the thing about Chen Yichang since I have known her as a trainee of Starship, she has always been there to support me as a Chinese-Thai trainee, and I have relied on her since then, but I can only hope for one day that I will be the one she can lean on instead, and hopefully in this show I will be able to do that at least just once.

"Your right Chang we can do this we have the support of everyone in the company so of course we will do the best we can do." I passed her one of the drinks from the table and got one for myself as well.

I know we both can do this, if we make no mistakes during our performance, if we can do well vocally, we can get a high ranking on the first try...